Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking more about this, it's a bad idea to get Alves. Yes at times he looked good when we seen him in the CL... but as his age would the physicality and the frantic pace of the PL be good for him or us? No matter what anyone says, the PL is a whole different ball game compared to Serie A.

Thinking more about this, it's a bad idea to get Alves. Yes at times he looked good when we seen him in the CL... but as his age would the physicality and the frantic pace of the PL be good for him or us? No matter what anyone says, the PL is a whole different ball game compared to Serie A.

thats my concern as well mate....Juve not putting up a fight to keep him either!

Tolmie is just like the rest of us in that he makes educated guesses and some of them turn out to be true. I trust the bookies a lot more as they aggregate more inside sources and quantify the chances of it happening with data.

At 3/10, this transfer seems to be almost certain. It's a great signing, Alves was arguably the best right wing-back in the world this season. People doubting that he could adapt to the CL clearly didn't watch Juventus this season — his pace, hard tackling and composure are all excellent. Not only would he improve our team instantly, he'd provide winning experience and leadership to the younger players. I've read that we're still interested in Walker, so it's not like we're just giving up on solving the position for the long term. Getting a world-class full-back who Pep knows and trusts for as little as 5m is an obviously good decision.

Tolmie is just like the rest of us in that he makes educated guesses and some of them turn out to be true. I trust the bookies a lot more as they aggregate more inside sources and quantify the chances of it happening with data.

At 3/10, this transfer seems to be almost certain. It's a great signing, Alves was arguably the best right wing-back in the world this season. People doubting him clearly didn't watch Juventus this season. Not only would he improve our team instantly, he'd provide winning experience and leadership to the younger players. I've read that we're still interested in Walker, so it's not like we're just giving up on solving the position for the long term. Getting a world-class full-back who Pep knows and trusts for as little as 5m is an obviously good decision.
I agree with what you said about Tolmie but get ready for a ton of abuse to come your way for saying that lol.

If you havent listened to the podcast yet from 93:20 http://ninetythreetwenty.com/podcasts/transfer-talk-iv/ good talk about Alves from hunter :)

At 3/10, this transfer seems to be almost certain. It's a great signing, Alves was arguably the best right wing-back in the world this season. People doubting that he could adapt to the CL clearly didn't watch Juventus this season — his pace, hard tackling and composure are all excellent. Not only would he improve our team instantly, he'd provide winning experience and leadership to the younger players. I've read that we're still interested in Walker, so it's not like we're just giving up on solving the position for the long term. Getting a world-class full-back who Pep knows and trusts for as little as 5m is an obviously good decision.
Its looking like it will be free transfer, not £5m according to reports in Italy. Makes it even better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.