Dani Olmo

Possibly but maybe our medics can do a job on him like they did with Gundo? Keep him fit and he’s defo a player
They have done wonders with Stones and Ake.

Gundo had two serious injuries, both completly unrelated.

He never had a history of soft tissue injuries unlike the other 3 mentioned.

They have done wonders with Stones and Ake.

Gundo had two serious injuries, both completly unrelated.

He never had a history of soft tissue injuries unlike the other 3 mentioned.

Get him sent to Cugat early, get the healthy voodoo shit done and then he’ll be reet ;-)

Why is there so much hate on here for him? Other than the injuries I've no idea why people have slated him.

Dani Olmo is a versatile player and except for a deep role has operated competently across the whole of midfield and attack, maybe we see him as a Paqueta alternative whether that's to replace Gundo's role in the squad or part of our next tactical evolution.

His strengths:
- 1 -
I've watched him many times he's an intelligent player who can play one two passes with teammates to open up defences, good weight of pass at delivering the final ball of the one two or is actually a good finisher if receiving the one two himself.
- 2 -
He has a great friendship with Josko Gvardiol and they must have a good understanding of each other I imagine, which could inevitably lead to instantly good link up play down the left hand side and an easier settling in period especially with Rodri behind him.
- 3 -
Dani Olmo when you look at his passing accuracy stats it might look below our standards at first glance, only if you're daft enough to care about percentages though in that case you probably think he's awful.
I think with Olmo one thing to remember about him is he tries to bring the ball forward, before delivering balls through on goal he can also definitely deliver them from central midfield too, which could be highly advantageous with Doku or Savio or Grealish down the flanks or Haaland Alvarez and Foden down the middle.
His persistence with through balls understandably leads his passing statistics to be lower naturally, plus with Leipzig's style their players tend to space out as high and wide as possible but their players aren't on his wavelength, which can lead to easier interceptions for opposing players he's probably made plenty of nearly great passes, that would've been successful in a better side due to better runs and movement off the ball being made by his teammates.
- 4 -
I'm thinking with the links his through ball abilities are what our scouts believe is the number one major strength of his that suits us, especially with many of Haaland's runs crazily not being utilised by teammates often enough last season, to Erling's to mine and many of our fans frustrations.
Plenty on here earlier on slagging him off saying he's of poor quality which is very bizarre, while probably moaning that none of the midfielders actually take advantage of Haaland's runs, yet he tries to do something that most of our midfielders were blatantly reluctant to do last season.
- 5 -
A couple of weaknesses for me is that Olmo is not the quickest or certainly not as good defensively as Paqueta, he works hard on the press but I've never previously thought of his defending centrally or pace out wide as being of any use to us, also believed if we were going to move for him then it would've been a few years back but we've signed older.
Olmo has got a good touch but despite that and his progressive attitude creatively with his through balls, I've previously never believed he'd be right for us but our scouts clearly see something they like if there's serious interest.

Should we choose to sign him now I think my biggest concern over anything else and the obvious one overall is his recent injury woes, I've no doubt our medical team can fix problems but in the last 3 seasons he's missed 1 whole City sized season's worth of matches and that's a lot... I've every faith in our physios and medical department but it's definitely a concern.

I thought I'd list some of what I think are his main strengths I'm not saying he's the right man I wasn't even sure we'd ever go for him, personally I'd prefer other options long term like Musiala who could be perfect for us but in reality we need to sort things right now this summer.
We missed out on Paqueta with his issues and we could also lose both Bernardo and KDB in the next 24 months, signing Olmo doesn't mean there's no chance of signing Musiala or Wirtz long term we're already a player down on what we wanted last season, we'll need replacements for KDB and Bernardo like I said as sadly time waits for no man and we rarely ever make direct replacement.

If we sign Olmo it's no good comparing him to anybody else, he'd be one part of the next tactical innovation that is hoped will bring us continued success.

Why is there so much hate on here for him? Other than the injuries I've no idea why people have slated him.

Dani Olmo is a versatile player and except for a deep role has operated competently across the whole of midfield and attack, maybe we see him as a Paqueta alternative whether that's to replace Gundo's role in the squad or part of our next tactical evolution.

His strengths:
- 1 -
I've watched him many times he's an intelligent player who can play one two passes with teammates to open up defences, good weight of pass at delivering the final ball of the one two or is actually a good finisher if receiving the one two himself.
- 2 -
He has a great friendship with Josko Gvardiol and they must have a good understanding of each other I imagine, which could inevitably lead to instantly good link up play down the left hand side and an easier settling in period especially with Rodri behind him.
- 3 -
Dani Olmo when you look at his passing accuracy stats it might look below our standards at first glance, only if you're daft enough to care about percentages though in that case you probably think he's awful.
I think with Olmo one thing to remember about him is he tries to bring the ball forward, before delivering balls through on goal he can also definitely deliver them from central midfield too, which could be highly advantageous with Doku or Savio or Grealish down the flanks or Haaland Alvarez and Foden down the middle.
His persistence with through balls understandably leads his passing statistics to be lower naturally, plus with Leipzig's style their players tend to space out as high and wide as possible but their players aren't on his wavelength, which can lead to easier interceptions for opposing players he's probably made plenty of nearly great passes, that would've been successful in a better side due to better runs and movement off the ball being made by his teammates.
- 4 -
I'm thinking with the links his through ball abilities are what our scouts believe is the number one major strength of his that suits us, especially with many of Haaland's runs crazily not being utilised by teammates often enough last season, to Erling's to mine and many of our fans frustrations.
Plenty on here earlier on slagging him off saying he's of poor quality which is very bizarre, while probably moaning that none of the midfielders actually take advantage of Haaland's runs, yet he tries to do something that most of our midfielders were blatantly reluctant to do last season.
- 5 -
A couple of weaknesses for me is that Olmo is not the quickest or certainly not as good defensively as Paqueta, he works hard on the press but I've never previously thought of his defending centrally or pace out wide as being of any use to us, also believed if we were going to move for him then it would've been a few years back but we've signed older.
Olmo has got a good touch but despite that and his progressive attitude creatively with his through balls, I've previously never believed he'd be right for us but our scouts clearly see something they like if there's serious interest.

Should we choose to sign him now I think my biggest concern over anything else and the obvious one overall is his recent injury woes, I've no doubt our medical team can fix problems but in the last 3 seasons he's missed 1 whole City sized season's worth of matches and that's a lot... I've every faith in our physios and medical department but it's definitely a concern.

I thought I'd list some of what I think are his main strengths I'm not saying he's the right man I wasn't even sure we'd ever go for him, personally I'd prefer other options long term like Musiala who could be perfect for us but in reality we need to sort things right now this summer.
We missed out on Paqueta with his issues and we could also lose both Bernardo and KDB in the next 24 months, signing Olmo doesn't mean there's no chance of signing Musiala or Wirtz long term we're already a player down on what we wanted last season, we'll need replacements for KDB and Bernardo like I said as sadly time waits for no man and we rarely ever make direct replacement.

If we sign Olmo it's no good comparing him to anybody else, he'd be one part of the next tactical innovation that is hoped will bring us continued success.
i think the main issue for many are the mentioned injury issues and that there are more exciting options - Wirtz, Musiala, Simons etc.

also many believe, that he will not improve us.

i think the main issue for many are the mentioned injury issues and that there are more exciting options - Wirtz, Musiala, Simons etc.

also many believe, that he will not improve us.
None of those are options though, so theres no point discussing it.

Olmo definitely improves us, we were lacking firepower off the bench last season and Olmo helps massively with that.

The big question is how we set up in midfield next year.

Rodri and Foden plus 1 other. I'd suggest Bernie to provide more stability in there.

Front 3 of
Doku Haaland Savio

We've got plenty of players who can play right or left.

We've also got Kovacic and Nunes in the centre. As well as Kevin.

The big issue is who plays 6 when Rodri can't.

It seems to me Kimmich is the obvious choice.

The big question is how we set up in midfield next year.

Rodri and Foden plus 1 other. I'd suggest Bernie to provide more stability in there.

Front 3 of
Doku Haaland Savio

We've got plenty of players who can play right or left.

We've also got Kovacic and Nunes in the centre. As well as Kevin.

The big issue is who plays 6 when Rodri can't.

It seems to me Kimmich is the obvious choice.
Kev leaving?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.