Daniel Agger (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammy Blue said:
carlos92 said:
Rammy Blue said:
That's a fair post, it certainly doesn't look like FSG are prepared to splash the cash.

They had splashed the cash but squandered large amounts on shite. It was like when we had Mark Hughes with what has happened with Liverpool in the transfer market. It will take more money to rectify the mistakes and as you have said they are not prepared to do that.

Have you not read the post I've quoted?

They haven't in fact splashed the cash due to the players they've sold.

Misread it. I hold my hands up sorry.

Matt.D said:
I would be astonished if its correct that he potentially cannot play in the champs league now. If it's correct they want to sell I'm surprised they even played him and risked injury buy by cup tie-ing him they've potentially cost themselves a sale/ knocked a considerable amount off the price we will be prepared to pay.

Are we certain it's correct that he could now be cup tied?

I'm not sure but it was the exact case last year with Forlan. Atletico played him against a Norwegian side in end of July end early Agust so in the same round Liverpool played now. There is one more play of round before EL group stages but Forlan only signed for Inter end of August and he couldnt play in CL for Inter. (He didnt play in the playoff round for Atletico).

Later they could register him for knockout matches from February.

If there were no changes in the rules, Agger is not going to play in CL group matches.

They are maybe trying to trick us.

carlos92 said:
Rammy Blue said:
carlos92 said:
They had splashed the cash but squandered large amounts on shite. It was like when we had Mark Hughes with what has happened with Liverpool in the transfer market. It will take more money to rectify the mistakes and as you have said they are not prepared to do that.

Misread it.

No probs fella.

They have splashed cash on shite, of that there is no doubt, but the net spend isn't that big.

Rammy Blue said:
Surely though, in this day and age, it's practically impossible for a club like Liverpool to make a profit without chumps league?

Many clubs make massive profits by buy and selling well in the transfer market. Look at Porto. The numbers are simply incredible for a club of Porto’s size. Since the Champions League win in 2004, the club has made over €500m from player sale profits.

The new owners at Liverpool are big fans of this moneyball approach as they come from a baseball background. They are big mates with Billy Beane the guy who wrote the book. In a moneyball strategy Agger's age and injury record make him a no brainer sale.

Rammy Blue said:
carlos92 said:
Rammy Blue said:

Misread it.

No probs fella.

They have splashed cash on shite, of that there is no doubt, but the net spend isn't that big.

I am thick when it comes to Footballing Finances. Still I am using my burnt prayer mat on this deal.

Y.N.W.A. said:
Rammy Blue said:
Surely though, in this day and age, it's practically impossible for a club like Liverpool to make a profit without chumps league?

Many clubs make massive profits by buy and selling well in the transfer market. Look at Porto. The numbers are simply incredible for a club of Porto’s size. Since the Champions League win in 2004, the club has made over €500m from player sale profits.

The new owners at Liverpool are big fans of this moneyball approach as they come from a baseball background. They are big mates with Billy Beane the guy who wrote the book. In a moneyball strategy Agger's age and injury record make him a no brainer sale.

But Porto are in the Chumps every season?

edit....and fuck me, but I'd love to see the proof of the 500mil profit in 8 years. Not having a go at you, but that is an incredible figure.

GoMancini7 said:
Matt.D said:
I would be astonished if its correct that he potentially cannot play in the champs league now. If it's correct they want to sell I'm surprised they even played him and risked injury buy by cup tie-ing him they've potentially cost themselves a sale/ knocked a considerable amount off the price we will be prepared to pay.

I'm not sure but it was the exact case last year with Forlan. Atletico played him against a Norwegian side in end of July end early Agust so in the same round Liverpool played now. There is one more play of round before EL group stages but Forlan only signed for Inter end of August and he couldnt play in CL for Inter. (He didnt play in the playoff round for Atletico).

If there were no changes in the rules, Agger is not going to play in CL group matches.

Its my understanding that any player who plays in the prelim games is okay to play in either the CL or Europa League for another club. Forlan was eligible to play for Inter but didn't simply because Inter forgot to register him to do so

BobKowalski said:
GoMancini7 said:
Matt.D said:

Its my understanding that any player who plays in the prelim games is okay to play in either the CL or Europa League for another club. Forlan was eligible to play for Inter but didn't simply because Inter forgot to register him to do so

Maybe it's not correct but did you see my post from a couple of pages ago where someone has quoted the ruling - it seems to imply he won;t be eligible if Liverpool make the group stages of the Europa.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:01 pm --<br /><br />Once again....

Rammy Blue said:
From earlier.....

Vincents Tackle said:
Does this rule mean anything? From the official champs league player eligibility rules

18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA
Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for
more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally,
however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying
round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to
play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another
club as from the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for
the group stage of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa
League;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.