Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

Daz_Blue said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Say we do get him. Out of interest if Kompany was out which way round would you play Lescott and Agger ?

3-5-2

HART

AGGER KOMPANY LESCOTT
MICAH NASRI YAYA SILVA CLICHY

AGUERO TEVEZ

If Vinny is out go 4-4-2
Think he meant If Vinny's out then do you play Agger or Lescott at right centre-back, mate.

southern muppet said:
Does this one just feel a bit....too easy to anyone? Like too good to be true, you'd expect Liverpool to put up more of a fight? I mean it's gone from very casual links to people being all abuzz about it being a goer, in a very short space of time, whereas we've had long protracted sagas for lesser players in recent years. Just seems like we should be due three or four weeks of endless groundhog day and merged and re-started threads before it happens.

We have suffered enough with the Hazard deal so I think we deserve a no nonsense deal. They need cash after squandering money on sub standard players barring Luis Suarez. So this is the one where they can get very good money for a very good player who has become disiilusioned at Liverpool. I am just keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Daz_Blue said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Say we do get him. Out of interest if Kompany was out which way round would you play Lescott and Agger ?

3-5-2

HART

AGGER KOMPANY LESCOTT

AGUERO TEVEZ

If Vinny is out go 4-4-2

To be honest if we are playing a 3 5 2 then Kolorov looks better suited for that role - he is certainly more attacking than Clichy - spolit for choice really

Hamann Pineapple said:
You're taking it much better than I would. I hated it when Chelsea took Wright-Phillips from us, I should have been used to it as all our half decent players moved on. Agger's ball playing abilities are clearly what Mancini likes and chances are he'll play fewer games with us hopefully easing his injury chances. Looking forward to our first away game of the season, good luck after that ;)

In recent years we've had Real Madrid come in for Alonso, Barcelona come in for Mascherano, Chelsea for Torres, and perhaps now you lot for Agger. Alonso and Torres were the hardest pills to swallow. We got 20m for Mascherano who only had a year left on his deal, so that was okay. Alonso was tough to take because he was so obviously brilliant. Torres was difficult because it was to a rival. In fact, Torres felt like that really hot girlfriend that cheated on you with that guy you hate. Fortunately, he's now like that ex-girlfriend who used to be hot but has put on a few pounds and argues a lot with that guy you hate.

But back on topic: what makes the Agger situation different for me is that there's no animosity between myself and City, and while he's an excellent player, we could do with the money. With a few clever moves we could maybe come out a stronger squad as a whole.

Short-sighted as this may sound, City aren't on my radar right now, nor are we on yours. I'm looking at teams like Newcastle, Spurs and Arsenal (if RVP leaves) and thinking about 4th/5th place. So if Agger goes anywhere, why shouldn't it be to a team striving to deny Un*ted titles?

Joehannes said:
Daz_Blue said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

3-5-2

HART

AGGER KOMPANY LESCOTT

AGUERO TEVEZ

If Vinny is out go 4-4-2
Think he meant If Vinny's out then do you play Agger or Lescott at right centre-back, mate.

Ta

Hamann Pineapple said:

Surely have to play Lescott left, Agger right. Think most agree Agger is the more skilful on the ball and as a result probably more versatile, whereas Lescott is our pillar on the left.

WeAllHateUnited said:
1.618034 said:
Nice one WAHU... So how much do you reckon he's worth/we'll get him for?

Thanks mate. And cheers to others for the positive feedback.

I've just finished reading an article by Tony Barrett of the Times (behind the paywall unfortunately, or I'd link it here, but don't want to breach copyright) who is about as reliable as things come with Liverpool information. He says we want to hold out for £22m, and will point to the fee paid for Lescott.

What do I think he's worth? Difficult question. Ability-wise, £22m is fair. He's an excellent player that would improve most sides. But he's 27 and has a bad injury record, so I could see reason for City not wanting to pay more than say £18m. I gather that Lescott was a similar age when you signed him, but had played far more consistently. I rate Lescott highly, and think he and Agger (while different in style) are very comparable ability-wise, and would challenge each other for a starting berth.

It's a tricky one. Some sort of player+cash exchange compromise could suit all parties, involving one of your fringe players. One thing working in City's favour will be the fact that Liverpool have let a lot of players leave already (Kuyt, Maxi, Aquilani and soon to be Bellamy) and only brought in Borini, so we need cash fast to start making signings.

Cheers for the info. If the difference is only 4m, that shouldn't be a problem.

Interesting tweet
David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson

I think Brendan Rodgers would drive Agger to the Etihad if he thought City would pay anything decent for him. Doesn't seem to rate him.

Really?

skybluecelt1990 said:
Hamann Pineapple said:

Surely have to play Lescott left, Agger right. Think most agree Agger is the more skilful on the ball and as a result probably more versatile, whereas Lescott is our pillar on the left.
My thoughts too.

Notwithstanding our reasonable Liverpool fan up there I found this on RAWK, made me laugh anyway.

»Quote from: ۩ Maximus ۩ on Today at 06:10:40 PM
Get off your high horse you fucking eejit. It was a hypothetical question. He's gone. I'd prefer £15m and A.Johnson than the £18m he is going to be sold for.

You'd prefer it?
I'd prefer us not disintigrating and when we do then I'd prefer not to argue over counting bones while we're colectively getting fucked in the ass.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/06/manchester-city-daniel-agger-liverpool?newsfeed=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... sfeed=true</a>

£22million is a bit high but if what the article says, that Liverpool would be interested in Johnson, that could help the deal as they're sure to overrate Johnson's value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.