Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

Yep I rather not include AJ and we should perserve with Johnson a bit longer.

WeAllHateUnited said:
What do I think he's worth? Difficult question. Ability-wise, £22m is fair. He's an excellent player that would improve most sides. But he's 27 and has a bad injury record, so I could see reason for City not wanting to pay more than say £18m. I gather that Lescott was a similar age when you signed him, but had played far more consistently. I rate Lescott highly, and think he and Agger (while different in style) are very comparable ability-wise, and would challenge each other for a starting berth.

Only thing I'd say is that Lescott had 4/5 years to go on his contract, Agger only has 2. So for me anything over £18m is too much as he is effectively going to be worth nothing in 2 years time.

southern muppet said:
I'd prefer not to include AJ in the deal just because of the lack of quality replacements in the same price range really.

What price range are we talking about here? Some good wingers are available for most likely reasonable prices... Afellay, Farfan, Moses, Navas, Mertens to name some.

Rammyblues said:
Going to be interesting to hear Hansens view on all this!!!! :-)

He will be a bitter a fook with a right slapped arse face - cant wait

moomba said:
WeAllHateUnited said:
What do I think he's worth? Difficult question. Ability-wise, £22m is fair. He's an excellent player that would improve most sides. But he's 27 and has a bad injury record, so I could see reason for City not wanting to pay more than say £18m. I gather that Lescott was a similar age when you signed him, but had played far more consistently. I rate Lescott highly, and think he and Agger (while different in style) are very comparable ability-wise, and would challenge each other for a starting berth.

Only thing I'd say is that Lescott had 4/5 years to go on his contract, Agger only has 2. So for me anything over £18m is too much as he is effectively going to be worth nothing in 2 years time.

I see your point, but the bolded part may not be entirely true. From what I've read Agger isn't agitating for a move as much as he is being shopped, and if City/Barca don't come in for him he might sign a new contract.

His current contract situation however does lend itself to a lower fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.