Daniel Sturridge

Juan King said:
BlueCityfan said:
Goal.com "exclusive" claim Mancini want's to re-sign him and City are confident of a deal being done for 10m soon.

What do you think?

Can't see where he would fit in at the moment. I think our current 4 strikers are all better than him, so unless someone is moving on I can't see the point. If we are replacing any of our current 4 with Sturridge then I think it's a backward step.

I agree, but it's on Goal.com therefore I'm off down the bookies.

Justy like Balotelli can play striker aswell as wide left. Sturridge can play wide right. And Sturridge has pace and is a good dribbler. Too selfish appearently, but im sure Mancini could maybe change that. Aswell as being an academy product. Which would benefit us with the CL squad rules.

And Mancini rates him. Makes sense.

Just because he was greedy and his head was turned by the bright lights don't discount this kids talent.

When he was here i was told by a few insiders that he was the best talent they had ever worked with and that's saying something coming from them.

If we can make the most of that talent, i'm in.............

BlueCityfan said:
Justy like Balotelli can play striker aswell as wide left. Sturridge can play wide right. And Sturridge has pace and is a good dribbler. Too selfish appearently, but im sure Mancini could maybe change that. Aswell as being an academy product. Which would benefit us with the CL squad rules.

And Mancini rates him. Makes sense.

Too selfish to be a provider.

Sturridge played wide right as a favour to AvB. AvB always planned to bring in Hulk for this coming season. From the beginning of last season, it's been emphasised, that Sturridge playing wide is a one season thing, by both Sturridge & AvB.

Sturridge re-emphasized himself recently that he will be playing down the middle next season. I'm not confident he'd be at Chelsea, but, wherever he is, it's very unlikely he'd be playing as a winger, or even as a wide striker. Strictly central.

lionheart said:
daxman said:
Sturridge is such a poor player, I don't know why we would want him back. Awful decision maker, and a personal glory hunter.
And how many posts have you made on here? Another Newbie with a distorted opinion. On another thread, you described Dzeko as being Serbia's best. For goodness sake, check your facts before writing. Anyway, on the subject of Danny Boy, If Roberto wants him, then we should get behind the lad. If he doesn't, then we should move on.

Gobsmacking arrogance by 'LIONHEART' - who are you to say who has a valid opinion or not? Personally, I agree with everything the poster said anyway - irrespective of how long he's been here.

Say what you want about sturridge, he has he potential to be a top player, but i dont see how this would benefit either party. He wants to play through the middle, wants and needs game time. We have three very young strikers in balotelli, aguero and guidetti, as well as dzeko and tevez, even if one of them leaves we're pretty good for strikers. It just doesnt make sense.

ANY1aBLUE said:
lionheart said:
daxman said:
Sturridge is such a poor player, I don't know why we would want him back. Awful decision maker, and a personal glory hunter.
And how many posts have you made on here? Another Newbie with a distorted opinion. On another thread, you described Dzeko as being Serbia's best. For goodness sake, check your facts before writing. Anyway, on the subject of Danny Boy, If Roberto wants him, then we should get behind the lad. If he doesn't, then we should move on.

Gobsmacking arrogance by 'LIONHEART' - who are you to say who has a valid opinion or not? Personally, I agree with everything the poster said anyway - irrespective of how long he's been here.

+100

Think ya need to apologize Lionheart.

Calling Sturridge a poor player is laughable.

Sturridge carried the goal-threat for Chelsea 1st half of the season.

At Porto AvB had his wide men Hulk & Varela stay up the pitch so that the opposing fullbacks wouldn't come forward, their job was to push the fullback back & to try & nick it off of them in their own halves.

That was Sturridge's & Mata's job at Chelsea as wide attackers.

However this was part of what contributed to our poor defensive record
& so Sturridge was asked to track back & do more midfielder duties.

Now Sturridge has barely played as a player that has defensive expectations
& that drastically reduced his goal threat.

As a striker. You don't worry that a player is full of confidence & wants to socre or doesn't trackback.

Drogba said that Sturridge is the best finisher at the club a number of times.
Chelsea are following through with the plans set in place by AvB for next season.
The only reason why Sturridge was on the right is b/c AvB didn't trust anyone else there.
AvB had been gunning for Hulk for ages, you might remember when you played Porto he had to make up w/ the Porto boss as he had hated him for leaving, just so he could get Hulk at a more reasonable price.
Sturridge was going to be a starter for Chelsea next season as the CF over Torres under AvB. He said himself Sturridge & Mata are the future of chelsea days before he got kicked out.
Ashley Cole says he is the hardest player he has ever had to defend against.
Micah Richards said he was the hardest defender he's had to defend against.
Players like Silva & Mata & Torres all have said great things about his talent.

He's not yet been played down the middle for Chelsea. Just all the incredibly blind doubters wait & see

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xljLYRm8HyQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3U2hMCfZpk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQl7jU5_GU0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R6g2z-Jqu4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6HoKQynQuI[/youtube]

Unfortunately they've taken down some of his best stuff, but, here is something so far away from a poor player. In his 1st full proper season, he plays out of position playing wide, his decision making is off at times, yet he finished top scorer & 3rd top assister
& even misses the bulk of the 2nd half of the season.

This is your poor player. lol Find me a better English attacker a part from Rooney.
All faffing about when it comes to Hazard as it's some fancy French sounding name.
Sturridge would be much better business for you compared to him.

As a big supporter of the academy part of me would love to see Sturridge back as he was the jewel of our academy. But I'm also not sure this would work anymore, he complains about bench time at Chelsea, we have even more competition (or have had, that may change with Chelsea's spending spree). We'd also probably use him as a winger even though he's said he wants to play in the middle where he has no chance here with Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, and Dzeko/replacement (RVP). And also his successor as the academy jewel, John Guidetti, who is a natural centre forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.