Daniel Sturridge

On another note, he's only 22, that's the perfect age for him to grow with the club with a top class manager. I said it earlier on the thread, I'd be more than happy for him to replace Johnson but he's got things in his locker that Johnson hasn't got, like pace, and for that reason you'd expect him to earn a lot more playing time than AJ does/did. Also, he's more versatile than Johnson

He is very inconsistent, though. Has runs of great games followed by runs of shit games.

Pam said:
He is very inconsistent, though. Has runs of great games followed by runs of shit games.

According to who?

Inconsistent Daniel Sturridge single-handedly rescued Bolton's season by scoring 8 goals in 12 games for them and who knows how many MoTM's.

Inconsistent starts for Chelsea & again gets 8 goals in his 1st 12 games Premier League game. Carrying the likes of Drogba & Torres as the Chelsea goal threat.

Sturridge has only suffered since then because he's no longer been playing as a striker.
Even in games he hasn't scored in, a number he has been if not the best then one of the best performers.

Inconsistent my back foot. He needs to play as a striker you mean.

Why is Messi playing as a central striker? To score more goals right?
Sturridge became known as our biggest threat & teams clocked on to that.
Even then, doubling & tripling up against him & ignoring the likes of Torres & Drogba.

At the same time, he had to play closer to the fullback. In his 1st season, playing out of position, if this is not registering now.

It will register next season, it is much easier to score when you're playing down the centre as opposed to when you are playing wide & he wouldn't have to track back either.

The 1st time I saw Sturridge was around the 1st time I saw Aguero play for Independienté & score his amazing debut goals, both I have earmarked, both are top-top-top talents.

Inconsistent is such a lazy unfounded remark. I'd trust him more than most strikers in the EPL to put the ball in the back of the net.

Also, his attitude problems are overrated, it's all tied to his belief that his talent is the dogs bollocks & it is. Most of the best players are like that. Like Cristiano etc.
He won't be in the headlines a lot like Balotelli for incidents & he didn't kick up a fuss that the reputation they believe he has suggests he would have, when he was dropped or being used bit-part.

Whenever he was called to come on, he tried to show his best.

He admitted he was too big for his boots when he came in, but Lampard & Terry says that they told Sturridge he thought he was better than he really was when he came & needed to respect the talent of Anelka & Drogba. He would say he is good enough to displace them.. & this season Lampard said fairplay to him. He used to tell us how good he was & he's right.

FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:
smeghead64 said:
he went for the money when we were shit...and now he wants to come back...i wonder why?

Is a very fair question.

We had plenty of our own money when he left....
Unfortunately, we also had Clueless Hughes in charge, and his Captain Ahab-style self-destructive obsession with perma-crock Santa Cruz.
Seventeen million. That went really fucking well for us, didn't it?

Also, he's never said anything about going to City. It's Mancini that's chasing him.
I wonder why?

City were caking when he left. It remains to be seen if he wants to go back to City as you have tonnes of quality in his position, the talk is of him replacing RvP at Arsenal.
If what's happening is, You are saying. Forget RvP let's get Sturridge for 1st choice CF
Great decision. RvP is 30 & has a long history of being injury prone.
I'd gladly give you Hazard for Sturridge & just to qualify that.
When Chelsea were chasing Torres rumours came out suggesting Sturridge would be included in the deal & I said I'd rather not, I'd prefer to keep Sturridge as I rate him more than Torres.. Only to get... Well you know what people would have said to me, back in 2010 before he went on loan to Bolton, when he was seen as a reserve player. What do you think happened from then on When Torres struggled & Sturridge excelled.

Throughout his stay at Chelsea, he has said that he loves City as a club & his time there. He left to further his career. He scored in every round that he played in, in his 1st season in the FA cup. He basically won us that trophy. He had minor but, very important contributions to our league win under Ancelotti.
He's won the league & the Champions League & it was only the last 3 rounds he had a reduced role in, he was 1st team for the rest of the games.

I don't think he regrets leaving City one iota. He's said as much. When he 1st came here, he missed the North, but, later he talked about how he loved London. I just also don't think it'd be a problem for him to move back. Just in terms of the future, it's time for him to start every game as a Centre Forward. That is the only issue for him.
He left City for footballing decisions & he'll leave Chelsea for footballing decisions.

He is on 60k here. I think City ended up offering him close to that.

We messed him about to be fair, and when Chelsea came into the bidding he decided that would be for the best. However in hindsight it was a bad career choice despite being loaned out to Bolton. He might have the first option coming back to City but I will see him going to a higher tier club but not to a Champions League chasing club just yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.