Daniel Sturridge

zoffie said:
Calling Sturridge a poor player is laughable.

Sturridge carried the goal-threat for Chelsea 1st half of the season.

At Porto AvB had his wide men Hulk & Varela stay up the pitch so that the opposing fullbacks wouldn't come forward, their job was to push the fullback back & to try & nick it off of them in their own halves.

That was Sturridge's & Mata's job at Chelsea as wide attackers.

However this was part of what contributed to our poor defensive record
& so Sturridge was asked to track back & do more midfielder duties.

Now Sturridge has barely played as a player that has defensive expectations
& that drastically reduced his goal threat.

As a striker. You don't worry that a player is full of confidence & wants to socre or doesn't trackback.

Drogba said that Sturridge is the best finisher at the club a number of times.
Chelsea are following through with the plans set in place by AvB for next season.
The only reason why Sturridge was on the right is b/c AvB didn't trust anyone else there.
AvB had been gunning for Hulk for ages, you might remember when you played Porto he had to make up w/ the Porto boss as he had hated him for leaving, just so he could get Hulk at a more reasonable price.
Sturridge was going to be a starter for Chelsea next season as the CF over Torres under AvB. He said himself Sturridge & Mata are the future of chelsea days before he got kicked out.
Ashley Cole says he is the hardest player he has ever had to defend against.
Micah Richards said he was the hardest defender he's had to defend against.
Players like Silva & Mata & Torres all have said great things about his talent.

He's not yet been played down the middle for Chelsea. Just all the incredibly blind doubters wait & see

Unfortunately they've taken down some of his best stuff, but, here is something so far away from a poor player. In his 1st full proper season, he plays out of position playing wide, his decision making is off at times, yet he finished top scorer & 3rd top assister
& even misses the bulk of the 2nd half of the season.

This is your poor player. lol Find me a better English attacker a part from Rooney.
All faffing about when it comes to Hazard as it's some fancy French sounding name.
Sturridge would be much better business for you compared to him.

Cheers for that mate. Ridiculous that people are doubting Sturridge's ability. His work ethic and commitment yes, but his talent is exceptional. Mancini has made Richards the player he is today, would be really interesting to see what he could do with Sturridge.

zoffie said:
Calling Sturridge a poor player is laughable.

Sturridge carried the goal-threat for Chelsea 1st half of the season.

At Porto AvB had his wide men Hulk & Varela stay up the pitch so that the opposing fullbacks wouldn't come forward, their job was to push the fullback back & to try & nick it off of them in their own halves.

That was Sturridge's & Mata's job at Chelsea as wide attackers.

However this was part of what contributed to our poor defensive record
& so Sturridge was asked to track back & do more midfielder duties.

Now Sturridge has barely played as a player that has defensive expectations
& that drastically reduced his goal threat.

As a striker. You don't worry that a player is full of confidence & wants to socre or doesn't trackback.

Drogba said that Sturridge is the best finisher at the club a number of times.
Chelsea are following through with the plans set in place by AvB for next season.
The only reason why Sturridge was on the right is b/c AvB didn't trust anyone else there.
AvB had been gunning for Hulk for ages, you might remember when you played Porto he had to make up w/ the Porto boss as he had hated him for leaving, just so he could get Hulk at a more reasonable price.
Sturridge was going to be a starter for Chelsea next season as the CF over Torres under AvB. He said himself Sturridge & Mata are the future of chelsea days before he got kicked out.
Ashley Cole says he is the hardest player he has ever had to defend against.
Micah Richards said he was the hardest defender he's had to defend against.
Players like Silva & Mata & Torres all have said great things about his talent.

He's not yet been played down the middle for Chelsea. Just all the incredibly blind doubters wait & see

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xljLYRm8HyQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3U2hMCfZpk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQl7jU5_GU0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R6g2z-Jqu4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6HoKQynQuI[/youtube]

Unfortunately they've taken down some of his best stuff, but, here is something so far away from a poor player. In his 1st full proper season, he plays out of position playing wide, his decision making is off at times, yet he finished top scorer & 3rd top assister
& even misses the bulk of the 2nd half of the season.

This is your poor player. lol Find me a better English attacker a part from Rooney.
All faffing about when it comes to Hazard as it's some fancy French sounding name.
Sturridge would be much better business for you compared to him.[/quote

wow those are interesting comments by Ashley Cole in relation to his dream team. I can see why it appears that Bobby has been steadfast with his comments about in the first instance losing him, and then wanting him back. The boss needs to work on his mind. The talent is certainly there. Also being a local lad helps re European competition. I reckon on balance he is worth it.

Always rated sturridge, don't buy in to him being too selfish either, think back to the stoke and blackburn games in the 08/09 (think it was) season, 3 cracking assists to robinho. I think with good movement around him he could be a very useful as the wide forward. Its just whether he fancies playing there and could knuckle down, I'm sure bobby would be good for him

The rumor linking Sturidge to move back to City makes no sense for every party involved.

Sturridge left, knowing he has no future at a new rich version of City, where an abundance of more experienced attackers with bigger names than his made his chances of playing non-existent. Did it become easier since then? Let's ask Adebayor.

Chelsea would be reluctant to part ways with Sturridge because he is young, English and very talented. We need a certain amount of players to fill the homegrown quota and if a bum like Turnbull is still on the books, that should tell you how important it is to keep English players in your squad. Sure, Danny is a bit of a ball hog and is too selfish for his own good,, but he's got time on his side and there's a chance he'll learn and get better.

In any case, the 10m fee mentioned is laughable. Look at how much the likes of Henderson and Downing went for. Sturridge is one of the biggest English talents in his age group and a proven goalscorer. If or when he leaves, he'll cost much more but I doubt it'll happen this summer and it certainly won't be to City.

bobrivers said:
In any case, the 10m fee mentioned is laughable. Look at how much the likes of Henderson and Downing went for. Sturridge is one of the biggest English talents in his age group and a proven goalscorer. If or when he leaves, he'll cost much more but I doubt it'll happen this summer and it certainly won't be to City.

You are forgetting that he only has one year left on his contract, so if Chelsea refuse a £10million offer now, he could walk for free next year after a season of probably warming the bench a lot for them with these new signings coming in (Hazard and Hulk can both play wide and Sturridge was struggling for games before them). I doubt he intends to sign a new contract with them either so Chelsea are in a corner like Arsenal were with Nasri.

LoveCity said:
bobrivers said:

You are forgetting that he only has one year left on his contract, so if Chelsea refuse a £10million offer now, he could walk for free next year after a season of probably warming the bench a lot for them with these new signings coming in (Hazard and Hulk can both play wide and Sturridge was struggling for games before them). I doubt he intends to sign a new contract with them either so Chelsea are in a corner like Arsenal were with Nasri.

And the 15% sell on fee you mentioned on twitter. Offer them something between £12-14million. Think they'd accept that personally

LoveCity said:
bobrivers said:

plus we have a sell on clause which would reduce any fee we were going to pay

Joehannes said:
LoveCity said:
bobrivers said:

And the 15% sell on fee you mentioned on twitter. Offer them something between £12-14million. Think they'd accept that personally

You are forgetting that if he becomes available, even with one year left, City won't be the only club interested, so his fee will reflect the demand in the market.

And why would he choose to return to City if he wants playing time?

thepole said:
Always rated sturridge, don't buy in to him being too selfish either, think back to the stoke and blackburn games in the 08/09 (think it was) season, 3 cracking assists to robinho. I think with good movement around him he could be a very useful as the wide forward. Its just whether he fancies playing there and could knuckle down, I'm sure bobby would be good for him

Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. People laugh whenever I say that Sturridge is great at through-balls & link up play. They're clueless.. So clueless & I have absolutely no doubt he'll show them that. Watch his goal & assist count.

There is no denying that he goes for glory a lot & he shoots a lot, but, you should have seen us in our last season under Ancelotti. No one was shooting, it was pass the parcel stuff & the music just didn't stop. Chelsea fans that boo him etc. They are clueless

I've been a fan of Sturridge since the FAYC finals when he was 15 & leaving Chelsea isn't going to stop my admiration for his talent.

As I say it's verrry unlikely he is going to be playing wide striker though. His resolve in playing through the middle is strong.

All I want for Sturridge is for him to be at a team where he is 1st choice central striker & then I want everyone who doubted him to shut up.

He is a world talent.

Academy front three in the Carling Cup would be great and answer a lot of our critics.

Sturridge ---- Guidetti ---- Suarez

Suarez has been playing left-wing for Spain U19s so could play there or regular attacking midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.