Danilo 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Pep truly rates him? He didn't seem to get much playing time last season even when available. Pep rarely rotated him in.
Danilo is a "squad" player - providing depth. He's valuable in that he can provide emergency backup at several positions (and in this sense I think he's highly valued by Pep) - moreover, I think that Danilo is humble enough to recognize the talent around him and to accept his role as backup. He'll never be a preferred starter.

Danilo is a "squad" player - providing depth. He's valuable in that he can provide emergency backup at several positions (and in this sense I think he's highly valued by Pep) - moreover, I think that Danilo is humble enough to recognize the talent around him and to accept his role as backup. He'll never be a preferred starter.

I think Danilo is really good when fully fit & has a run & is borderline first choice for some games. But he's rarely in shape to do it.

I doubt he would have been worse than Walker v Spurs.

I think Danilo is really good when fully fit & has a run & is borderline first choice for some games. But he's rarely in shape to do it.

In a one-off game, he might well better our staring left/right back/defensive midfielder. But I wouldn't be inclined to start him regularly there baring injury.

Danilo is a great backup option - and seems to accept this role.

Agreed, back end of last season after a run of games he looked excellent.
He was outstanding one on one defensively & great going forwards.

Hope he gets fit and a good run of games!

Danilo is a great backup option - and seems to accept this role.

He accepts it for now...Injuries and the novelty of moving country etc probably help with that, but don't forget this is a guy who won a league and 2 CL's in 2 seasons as a backup at Real Madrid (playing in both CL finals) and left because he wanted to play more and Pep said he would - at RB, LB cover and even CM.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets (and stays) fit soon that he might get itchy feet next summer. He's shown he doesn't just want to be a backup.

He accepts it for now...Injuries and the novelty of moving country etc probably help with that, but don't forget this is a guy who won a league and 2 CL's in 2 seasons as a backup at Real Madrid (playing in both CL finals) and left because he wanted to play more and Pep said he would - at RB, LB cover and even CM.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he gets (and stays) fit soon that he might get itchy feet next summer. He's shown he doesn't just want to be a backup.
He's 27 - and making a ton of money at City - £80,000 a week and 4 years left on his contract.

Is any club willing to pay more?

Danilo isn't going anywhere.

He's 27 - and making a ton of money at City - £80,000 a week and 4 years left on his contract.

Is any club willing to pay more?

Danilo isn't going anywhere.

Think you are wrongly assuming that he is a journeyman. He wasn't our first choice option but we paid a lot for him and he has shown real quality as well as being a versatile player. Just needs to stay fit. At 27 he is coming into his peak years and has so much experience and has won a lot already. He is an asset worth keeping because Walker has been poor too often this season and needs a rest/time on the bench to refocus.

He can also play centrally if required because he has an excellent technique. He is in the Brazil squad when fit and I think you are downplaying his abilities by saying he is a happy bench warmer. There's no chance he will be. He hasn't moved from Real to us to sit on the bench. He will have seen Walker this season and feel confident he can replace him as our preferred right back.

Think you are wrongly assuming that he is a journeyman. He wasn't our first choice option but we paid a lot for him and he has shown real quality as well as being a versatile player. Just needs to stay fit. At 27 he is coming into his peak years and has so much experience and has won a lot already. He is an asset worth keeping because Walker has been poor too often this season and needs a rest/time on the bench to refocus.

He can also play centrally if required because he has an excellent technique. He is in the Brazil squad when fit and I think you are downplaying his abilities by saying he is a happy bench warmer. There's no chance he will be. He hasn't moved from Real to us to sit on the bench. He will have seen Walker this season and feel confident he can replace him as our preferred right back.
Which Defensive Mids/LBs/RBs are you going to bench to start him/get him into a starting rotation?

DM - Fernandinho/Gundogan; LB Mendy/Delph/Laporte; RB Walker/Stones. Admittedly, Laporte/Stones may be less favored there than Danilo.

I'm not saying that he won't see minutes - I am saying that he's not going to be a regular starter baring injury (which is bound to happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.