Danilo 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Defensive Mids/LBs/RBs are you going to bench to start him/get him into a starting rotation?

DM - Fernandinho/Gundogan; LB Mendy/Delph/Laporte; RB Walker/Stones. Admittedly, Laporte/Stones may be less favored there than Danilo.

I'm not saying that he won't see minutes - I am saying that he's not going to be a regular starter baring injury (which is bound to happen).

Both on top form, Danilo has a higher ceiling than Walker.
Classier on the ball, more composure offensively and a better one on one defender.

But Walker has an unbelievable engine and fantastic physically.

They’re a great pair to have.

Which Defensive Mids/LBs/RBs are you going to bench to start him/get him into a starting rotation?

DM - Fernandinho/Gundogan; LB Mendy/Delph/Laporte; RB Walker/Stones. Admittedly, Laporte/Stones may be less favored there than Danilo.

I'm not saying that he won't see minutes - I am saying that he's not going to be a regular starter baring injury (which is bound to happen).

Based on Walker's form in most games this season I would bench him.

I would also use him as cover for Fernandinho ahead of Stones who should be used only at CB to nail that role as he is starting to do.

Danilo has so much class on the ball. The little through ball to Silva in the league cup final that we scored from. The goals he scored when played in and his general reading of the game and timing in the tackle is exceptional. Walker is an athlete and uses his pace to get into position, recover or attack. But his technique or general defensive play is not as good as Danilo. It is why Southgate prefers Trippier. Because when he plays he gets a quality ball into the box. Danilo is the same. His passing play and technique is better as is his defensive positioning generally, though he too isnt the best in that area. On the ball he is much better than Walker and if a chance went to either you would want Danilo on the ball ahead of Walker. As a DM I still feel he is best option to cover Fernandinho because of how composed he is and his defensive mindset.

Walker is not world class and neither is Danilo so to suggest either is untouchable in our starting 11 is pushing things. I want Danilo back so Walker shows last seasons levels. He has made several errors already this season.

Good to see him back. Wonderful shot that hit the post and looked to get forward on both the outside and the inside. Got caught out late on but was still galloping deep into their half in the 92nd minute, which given that was his first game in a while is good going.

Played great coming back from injury. He can challenge Walker for the #1 spot.

Was distraught when injured the other week and reaffirmed his determination to get back into the picture with a near MOTM performance tonight.

Think he has the ability to displace Walker providing he stays fit of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.