Danilo 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he ever had a bad game for City? A lot of people don’t rate him, but I can’t recall a bad performance.
Yes. Lots actually.

2 at RB and 1 at LB. Until this season, he used to be a drop off when he replaced Walker. I think I remember 2 or 3 very good games and a bunch of bad ones last season.

All that said, he has been spectacular this season. But that should not cause any revisions to history.

Yes. Lots actually.

2 at RB and 1 at LB. Until this season, he used to be a drop off when he replaced Walker. I think I remember 2 or 3 very good games and a bunch of bad ones last season.

All that said, he has been spectacular this season. But that should not cause any revisions to history.

He took time to adjust to the PL, but improved markedly towards the end of the season. This is a continuation of that.

He took time to adjust to the PL, but improved markedly towards the end of the season. This is a continuation of that.
Don't disagree. Just being factual about a question asked. Yes, he has had many bad games for City.

Thought he played well with the exception of their goal. We do seem to ship too many from crosses to the far post which full backs should deal with. Having said that he showed more control than Walker has been doing recently and deserves to retain his place in the PL team.

Way better on the ball than Walker. Infact better than Walker in every facet except pace. Should be our regular starter.
Walker is having a bit of poor form - I prefer Walker defensively; Danilo is better on offense though.

Considering that he's barely had a run of games in about 4 years, he's been surprisingly good tbh. When we signed him I said I thought he was actually a better RB than Walker, but Walker surprised me last year by going up a level from what I thought he was capable of, but this year he's started to slide back. It would be interesting to see what kind of level Danilo can get to if he gets a regular run of games in the same position as he's been messed around a fair bit since leaving Porto, which cannot help get the best out of you.

Walker is having a bit of poor form - I prefer Walker defensively; Danilo is better on offense though.

I read that Kyle has a longstanding abdominal issue which is causing him a problem again. It would certainly explain his decline. If true Danilo is going to be first choice for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.