David Beckham

I enjoyed the show on Netflix. I hadn’t expected to but both he and his Mrs are a great deal more down to earth, funny and likeable than I assumed they would be.

Think it helps that United have been shit for a decade and so I’m less upset than I used to be about his allegiances etc.

Before all the usual massive blue pile in, watch the series yourself before judging and then decide.

Best bit is that he’s on the scums best ever players but his PL stats, are considerably worse than our Ginger Prince. Who’d have thought that 15 years ago.

“We were all hometown players that had lived and breathed United all the way through and then to win the treble, the way we won it, and also for the first time, can never be done again."

Schmeichel, Neville, Stam (Brown 68), Johnsen (Berg 79), Irwin (Silvestre 57); Beckham, Butt, Scholes (Greening 59), Blomqvist (Poborsky 46); Yorke (Saha 41), Cole (Solskjaer 1, Sheringham 26, May 79).

Last edited:
I enjoyed the show on Netflix. I hadn’t expected to but both he and his Mrs are a great deal more down to earth, funny and likeable than I assumed they would be.

Think it helps that United have been shit for a decade and so I’m less upset than I used to be about his allegiances etc.

Before all the usual massive blue pile in, watch the series yourself before judging and then decide.

Best bit is that he’s on the scums best ever players but his PL stats, are considerably worse than our Ginger Prince. Who’d have thought that 15 years ago.
Agreed mate. Never got the hate for him. Yes he's a little self-conceited but I'd say that's a by-product of being thrust into intense limelight from an early age. He's obviously a loving father, he's never been abusive to his wife, and he does a lot for charity. Put another way, he's the kind of bloke I'd happily sit down with for a pint.

He was one of few back in his day that actually cared about England so I've always respected him for that. He put everything into the national team, where others clearly couldn't drop their club allegiances and didn't care enough. But as a former rag I still despise him, and made sure my mrs knew all about it as she tried to watch it. She didn't finish it in the end because she was sick of me piping up! I must admit I got drawn into it, had the City v Leipzig on my phone at the same time but found it very odd how emotional he got going over old times.

The only thing I wondered was what could have been for him, if he'd stayed at Real. He was signed when they were a car crash. He didn't fit in but managed to mould a place in the side still. But his mrs took an age to move over and join him claiming it was due to finding school places etc. Yet when there was a potential move to LA on the cards she'd gone and set up base with the kids before he'd signed his contract and was then fuming he wanted to go back to Europe to get in the England side!

I don't believe he's all that bothered about the rags. His Dad was a massive rag but I think it was forced on him. Even last night, he was clapping away and smiling when the City lads were getting their dues. Couldn't see rat boy doing that!

Most overated player the game has produced.. Good player but the money he made based on his footballing ability is a complete joke..
He didn’t make the vast majority of his money based on his footballing talents

“We were all hometown players that had lived and breathed United all the way through and then to win the treble, the way we won it, and also for the first time, can never be done again."

Neville, Stam (Brown 68), Johnsen (Berg 79), Irwin (Silvestre 57); Beckham, Butt, Scholes (Greening 59), Blomqvist (Poborsky 46); Yorke (Saha 41), Cole (Solskjaer 1, Sheringham 26, May 79).
No 'keeper?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.