David Bernstein Q&A for KOTK

I'm pretty sure Vuoso played a part in one game?

A midweek match away at Sheffield Wednesday?
I've just checked and wiki said no appearances for us. He might of featured in the squad but not got on. I remember at around that time there was a player who Keegan didn't play, due to activitating a clause to play a club more money. Maybe this is the case ? I'm sure somebody will know more than me on this. MES ?

I've just checked and wiki said no appearances for us. He might of featured in the squad but not got on. I remember at around that time there was a player who Keegan didn't play, due to activitating a clause to play a club more money. Maybe this is the case ? I'm sure somebody will know more than me on this. MES ?
Pay not play

My question is about Bernstein as a City fan rather than as our (excellent) Chairman. Can you ask him some of his earliest memories of supporting City, and also some of his best memories, pre-dating his professional involvement with the club (i.e. not Wembley 99 or Ewood Park).

He probably was pants, but why spend 3.5m on someone? Makes you wonder whether Kevin Keegan wanted to sign him based on watching a video. Some of the signings during the latter part of KK's tenure were really bad. He wasted a lot of money in my view.
Might be my memory playing tricks, but I'm pretty sure Private Eye had the answer to this about 20 years ago. I certainly remember them writing something about a sports agency and Kevin Keegan's alleged interest.

Reactions: Bez
I'd be interested in his views on an independent regulator for football. I'd like to hear his take on what he thinks the motivation is behind Sheik Mnasour's ownership of City.

I'd also like to know if he thinks Keegan was the right appointment in 2001 or if Moyes (who seemed to be the other candidate) might have been a better long term option.

Keegan was great mates with Willie McKay. Say no more.
IIRC the agent who actually brokered that deal was David Hodgson, the ex Boro and liverpool striker. He had previously brought Forlan to the odd lot
Heard one story at the time that Vuoso refused to learn English, dismissing it as ‘a primitive language’

May have been mentioned already but what are his thoughts regarding the PL charges?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.