David Dunn: "We'll kick lumps out of them"

TheMightyQuinn said:
I wasn't having a go at any of our players and the ones you named would be very handy in a brawl but none of them intimidate opponents in my opinion. Big lads but Ned, Dunny and Micah are like cuddly teddy bears, Zab is mental and rash but not intimidating, Given, Tevez and Barry are stand up guys who won't shrink from challenges but at the same time they are not hard men in my opinion.

I was just thinking aloud as to whether we needed an enforcer Keane (twat) type player that's all. There's a difference between me not wanting to kick off with Dunny in a pub and being scared of him on the pitch.

We had that in Joey Barton, I think the main problem is they generally come with a shit load of baggage.

Dave Fabulous said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I'm not scared of Blackburn, they have no hard players so the claim by Dunn is laughable. As laughable as not being able to sell tickets so giving them all to City, as laughable as having that fat brown envelope alleged criminal arsehole in charge. Small time twats.

Though this did make me realise that we do have a pretty soft team.

And before anyone says 'micah', yeah I wouldn't want to kick off with him in the street, he's a big lad but on the pitch he's soft as shite.

I could be wrong but away to Stoke when SWP got clattered and reacted, the first 2 players to bail in and look after him were Zabaleta and Richards.

Yea Micah was right in that was rgeat to see. I remember Ned sticking up for someone at one point as well, for the life of me can't remember. Might have been steptoe against Everton but not sure

PabZab said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I wasn't having a go at any of our players and the ones you named would be very handy in a brawl but none of them intimidate opponents in my opinion. Big lads but Ned, Dunny and Micah are like cuddly teddy bears, Zab is mental and rash but not intimidating, Given, Tevez and Barry are stand up guys who won't shrink from challenges but at the same time they are not hard men in my opinion.

I was just thinking aloud as to whether we needed an enforcer Keane (twat) type player that's all. There's a difference between me not wanting to kick off with Dunny in a pub and being scared of him on the pitch.

We had that in Joey Barton, I think the main problem is they generally come with a shit load of baggage.

No you've got me all wrong mate, I'm soft as shit but I reckon I'd drop Barton! He was a dirty **** he wasn't intimidating though. I was merely thinking aloud to be honest and I'm not one of these who wants to see a team full of workers and cloggers.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Dave Fabulous said:
Once again....And Dunny and Micah and Zabaleta and Nige and Vincent and Shay and Carlos and Gareth and Nedum and Big Big Michael Johnson...

I was merely pointing out that we're not shrinking violets but now you've singled out Micah (who I think is massively over-rated as a footballer), when did you ever see him bullied or ragged about on the field?

Never.

I concede....up to a point. The players I listed aren't mentalists but that doesn't mean they're a soft touch. I agree about Dunny that he would stand his corner if provoked but I've been saying for years that he's a lovely guy but not nasty enough.
Nedum is in the same category, probably with Vinny. Zabaleta is another proposition as well as possibly De Jong (who I think is over-rated as well) but Bellamy wouldn't die wondering and I don't think Tevez would either. I don't want them to wield machetes and commit murder but I do expect some of them to barrel in and start the hand-bags as a show of solidarity.

Ps. there's a shortage of Keane, Viera, DOYLE type players about

Dave Fabulous said:
Nedum is in the same category, probably with Vinny.

Disagree, Vinnie's got an aggressive side to him. He's probably the closest we've got to a tough guy IMO, could be a beast in a couple of years

Dave Fabulous said:

Agree

Well I think SWP could take a nasty bite out of your thigh if things got toe to toe!!!!! or eye to bollocks in our Shauns case.

Dave Fabulous said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I concede....up to a point. The players I listed aren't mentalists but that doesn't mean they're a soft touch. I agree about Dunny that he would stand his corner if provoked but I've been saying for years that he's a lovely guy but not nasty enough.
Nedum is in the same category, probably with Vinny. Zabaleta is another proposition as well as possibly De Jong (who I think is over-rated as well) but Bellamy wouldn't die wondering and I don't think Tevez would either. I don't want them to wield machetes and commit murder but I do expect some of them to barrel in and start the hand-bags as a show of solidarity.

Very true mate.

I was using Keane as an example and Viera was the same kind of deal but thinking about it the rags and Chelsea have no out and out hard men yet manage to do ok and if it kicks off then you can be guaranteed half of them will wade in.

I disagree about De Jong though, I really rate him, think he's class and remember we haven't seen him 100% fit yet and this will be his first full season in England so expect even more from him!

Petetheblu said:
Well I think SWP could take a nasty bite out of your thigh if things got toe to toe!!!!! or eye to bollocks in our Shauns case.

Did you not see his red card at Stoke mate?! He's an animal, should be banned for life......

The Fat el Hombre said:
Dave Fabulous said:
Nedum is in the same category, probably with Vinny.

Disagree, Vinnie's got an aggressive side to him. He's probably the closest we've got to a tough guy IMO, could be a beast in a couple of years

Dave Fabulous said:

Agree

I genuinely thought Vinny was going to floor Berbatov at the swamp, half of me was like 'fucking drop the twat' and the other half was shitting it at the thought of 10 men for more than 45 mins!

Still don't know how the chain smoking shit got away with stamping on Big Vinnys bollocks either.

If this is true then we're going to need someone to step up and give it back a bit. De Jong, Zabaleta, Bellamy will all bite but we need a big man to do so too, it's a pity Vince isn't available. It'll be interesting to see what Gareth Barry is made of!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.