David Luiz

Astuteboy said:
Looks good and all, but if he really is that good, how come he couldn't even get in the Brazilian squad? Never even been given a run out in a friendly.

Luisao makes the squad every time, so it's not like they won't have seen Luiz play!

Did he do something to offend Dunga? I guess we'll see if Brazil's new manager picks him.

Dunga idiot

BlueDejong said:
Astuteboy said:
Looks good and all, but if he really is that good, how come he couldn't even get in the Brazilian squad? Never even been given a run out in a friendly.

Luisao makes the squad every time, so it's not like they won't have seen Luiz play!

Did he do something to offend Dunga? I guess we'll see if Brazil's new manager picks him.

Dunga idiot

Lol, fair enough. Wouldn't argue with that.

I don't know too much about him, from what others have told me and what people have said on here, he sounds like a class act.

I suppose he has to be or we wouldn't be going for him, i prefer to make these signings, don't know what to expect from them, bit like the Kompany signing really.

BlueDejong said:
Astuteboy said:

Dunga idiot

totally agree. if we don't sign this guy we will regret it

NewbBlue said:
Shooter 83 said:
Could have our very own Delap.

45seconds in
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouBpYJFWBmQ&annotation_id=annotation_976171&feature=iv[/youtube]

Cracking player been very impressed everytime I've seen him play, good vid too if you've not seen him play.
What did I just see? At 2:25 he is like a blur. The video encoder couldn't even keep up with him lol

With this and what Benfica Ultra wrote, sign him for any price.

That guy wo lost in speed for David Luiz is Sporting's top speed player, ahahahah... Yannick Djaló. :-)

Astuteboy said:

Brasilian have a problem with the portuguese. They just don't admit portuguese can be better in football than they are. And actually we have a lot of very good talents. David Luiz was brought by Benfica from Vitória da Bahia, struggling in the 3rd Division in Brasil. THIRD DIVISION. Then, after arriving, he scored an own-goal against Paris-Saint-Germain (UEFA CUP). He was skinny, and had a lack of confidence. In the end of the season, broke the fifth finger in his left foot. Six month recovering after surgery.

Suddendly, in the following season, David Luiz got 8 pounds heavier, major muscular increase, got a strong pace, stamina, speed and power. And brasilia just don't admit he's a top player. Same happened to Pepe (good enough for Real Madrid side) and Deco (good enough to be 1st man behind Ronaldinho for two great seasons, and won the Champions in fc porto and Barcelona). It's a brasilian problem, not ours...

Oh, by the way, when Luisão came to Benfica he was already a usual Brazil call-up. He payed for Cruzeiro with a lot of other international players. Had a mass exposure on the media. Luckly, for us in Benfica, David Luiz is growing very far from the bad media ;-)

bobmcfc said:
Somud said:
Shouldn't we move for Coentrao instead of Kolarov?

probably.

You'll sign for Kolarov for €20M, but Coentrão has a penal contract resolution of €30M. Thus, Lazio is urging for money, Benfica is not... just spend €24M in new players and we're going for Huntelaar for €15M. Coentrão can play has a defensive-attacking winger, has a great technique, speed, an amazing stamina, running 90'm without a break, and has a very good left shot.

Last season Benfica spent more than €30M, and so on, and on... just got Franco Jara and Nicolás Gaitán, both young argentine players, for a total fee of €13M, and they´re not even for the start eleven. So, if you really, really want Luiz or Coentrão, it's just a matter of money, don't include players as an exchange coin, Benfica wont accept rejected players (anda by the way, let me remind you that Robinho prefered Real Madrid for a month salary of €150.000,00 when Benfica offered him €200.000,00 5 years ago, so he's on our "black list").

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.