David Luiz

Not many players get mentioned in the same breathe as beckenbauer.

Damocles Is spot on. I think signing Luiz could be the most important signing this club could make!

I know it's a different position, but if one of the best striker's in the world (Villa) is going for £30 million why pay 40+ million for a defender?

I really rate Luiz, but £40+ million? Come on...

Ducky_ said:
I know it's a different position, but if one of the best striker's in the world (Villa) is going for £30 million why pay 40+ million for a defender?

I really rate Luiz, but £40+ million? Come on...

What a silly opinion. How does a transfer fee for a 29 year old striker between Barcelona and the financially fucked Valencia have any bearing whatsoever on a transfer fee for 23 year old defender between the richest club in the world and the Portuguese champions?

Transfer fees ARE NOT comparative, and if you think they are, you're daft.

Villa is possibly one of the top 5 players in the world and has proven himself at every level.

Luiz has proved himself in Portugal and the UEFA cup. So has Di Maria and he aint all that. (Not saying Luiz isn't great!)

You don't need to get yourself so worked up, Damo.

Could you imagine a back 5 of:

Kolarov___Luiz___Kompany___Boateng

____________Hart________________

In terms of age, that would be:

24___23___24___21

_______23_______

Best back 5 in the world in about 4 years time? I think so.

Ducky_ said:
Villa is possibly one of the top 5 players in the world and has proven himself at every level.

Luiz has proved himself in Portugal and the UEFA cup. So has Di Maria and he aint all that. (Not saying Luiz isn't great!)

You don't need to get yourself so worked up, Damo.

Luiz will be world best, next year ?

maybe he's value 60m

Tricky_Trev said:
Could you imagine a back 5 of:

Kolarov___Luiz___Kompany___Boateng

____________Hart________________

In terms of age, that would be:

24___23___24___21

_______23_______

Best back 5 in the world in about 4 years time? I think so.

drools

Looks good and all, but if he really is that good, how come he couldn't even get in the Brazilian squad? Never even been given a run out in a friendly.

Luisao makes the squad every time, so it's not like they won't have seen Luiz play!

Did he do something to offend Dunga? I guess we'll see if Brazil's new manager picks him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.