David Luiz

Fonzo said:
Andouble said:
why would a transfer regarding 2 Portuguese teams hold up a deal between an English club and a completely separate Portuguese club?

Portuguese media is giving more importance to:

Sporting's signings (we are rebuilding our team basicly due to the horrible last season)

Fabio Coentrao to go from Benfica to Bayern or Real Madrid
Raul Meireles to go from Porto to Chelsea or Real Madrid
Benfica's new goalkeeper Roberto.

Also just read a new where the it says Benficas coach Jorge Jesus asked the president to try to keep Luisao, David Luiz and Fabio Coentrao

Any other news about Luiz ?

Damocles said:
Hulk is at Porto, and happens to be overrated crap.

Hulk is an hoax. Ok, has some talent, but most of it is not enough for a senior League like the Premier League. The same for La Liga and Calcio. If you see him playing against ultra defensive teams of the Portuguese First League, you'll be amazed, he's fast, strong, and with very good feet variations. But against the strongest teams like Sporting, Braga or Benfica, mostly Benfica, he did nothing. During his suspension, his substitute, Silvestre Varela, had much better stats in every aspect... and scored a lot more.

Mentally he's very unstable, last season assaulted a steward in Benfica's stadium (fc porto lost 1-0), ended up with 3 month suspension, later reduced to 3 games (thanks to fc porto mobster president...).

I'll say he's worth no more than £5M.

fc porto best striker is Radamel Falcao, a very good FW. Not tall (1,74cm), but with amazing jump ability, very good head, top speed, he's very efficient, needs just one or two shots to score. He had a step into Benfica, but fc porto president offered a doubled salary (€100.000,00/month, when he already had everyting settled with Benfica). We refused to change the agreement, for a question of principle, he ended in fc porto, Oscar Cardozo and Saviola both continued has a start-up.

Unfortunatelly for them in fcp, their last great FW was Lisandro Lopez, Lyon's FW since 2009.

If you want to buy fc porto players with seal of quality, there's just two right now: Raul Meireles, midfielder (rumors has it he's on his way to Chelsea) or Bruno Alves, centre-back. The rest of the team is just allright.

If you want Braga's players, the first one that comes in mind is Eduardo, a terrific goalkeeper. Why didn't Benfica bought him? Well, fc porto is allied with Braga's president against Benfica, to block the market. £3/4M would be enough to sign him. We ended paying the double to Atletico de Madrid for Roberto, some like £6.8M. Eduardo is a top goalkeeper. The other Braga's players are Márcio Mossoró, a brasillian with a very good technique, has experiente in the Portuguese League for a few years, not very strong fisically, I guess he would be fine for a medium team in the top Championships, and Moisés, a very good CD, looks just like Lucio.

If you want Sporting players, just forget it. They don't have a single player who could start as a team's first choice in Benfica. Just sold João Moutinho (team's captain, had a feud with manager Costinha and Sporting president) to fc porto for €10M + 30% of future fee transfer. Let's establish an anology: Imagine if Chelsea sold Lampard to Man Utd for hal his price. Same crap.

Benfica Ultra said:
Mentally he's very unstable, last season assaulted a steward in Benfica's stadium (fc porto lost 1-0), ended up with 3 month suspension, later reduced to 3 games (thanks to fc porto mobster president...).

I'll say he's worth no more than £5M.

I remember that, caused a huge scandal didn't it? Porto were claiming it was unfair because a guy assaulted a steward in a different match and only got a few games ban, and everybody else was claiming that the massive drop was down to the Porto board?

fc porto best striker is Radamel Falcao, a very good FW. Not tall (1,74cm), but with amazing jump ability, very good head, top speed, he's very efficient, needs just one or two shots to score. He had a step into Benfica, but fc porto president offered a doubled salary (€100.000,00/month, when he already had everyting settled with Benfica). We refused to change the agreement, for a question of principle, he ended in fc porto, Oscar Cardozo and Saviola both continued has a start-up.

There's something about Falcao that I can't put my finger on. I've watched many a player come through Portugal (as along with Italy, it's my favourite non-English league), and it's usually pretty straight forward about who will be the star and who won't be. Falcao though, I can never decide about - sometimes I love his game and I'm sure that he's destined to move to Spain and score a packetload of goals, other times he seems to go missing on the pitch and I forget he's even playing until he scores. Strange guy, wouldn't get all of those chances in Spain or England, so it would be interesting to see him move there.

Unfortunatelly for them in fcp, their last great FW was Lisandro Lopez, Lyon's FW since 2009.

If you want to buy fc porto players with seal of quality, there's just two right now: Raul Meireles, midfielder (rumors has it he's on his way to Chelsea) or Bruno Alves, centre-back. The rest of the team is just allright.

If you want Braga's players, the first one that comes in mind is Eduardo, a terrific goalkeeper. Why didn't Benfica bought him? Well, fc porto is allied with Braga's president against Benfica, to block the market. £3/4M would be enough to sign him. We ended paying the double to Atletico de Madrid for Roberto, some like £6.8M. Eduardo is a top goalkeeper. The other Braga's players are Márcio Mossoró, a brasillian with a very good technique, has experiente in the Portuguese League for a few years, not very strong fisically, I guess he would be fine for a medium team in the top Championships, and Moisés, a very good CD, looks just like Lucio.

I don't watch much Braga, only really Benfica/Sporting/Porto, so I'll have a look out for him next season.

If you want Sporting players, just forget it. They don't have a single player who could start as a team's first choice in Benfica. Just sold João Moutinho (team's captain, had a feud with manager Costinha and Sporting president) to fc porto for €10M + 30% of future fee transfer. Let's establish an anology: Imagine if Chelsea sold Lampard to Man Utd for hal his price. Same crap.

Moutinho is another overrated player, along with Miguel Veloso. People in England seem to believe that these two are great players just waiting to be plucked from Portugal straight into the top teams of Europe. I've yet to see any sort of consistency from Moutinho and any actual talent from Veloso. In terms of Sporting players though, I've always liked Liedson and I've followed Djalo for a few years, who seems to be getting there now.

What do you think of Gaitan? Straight replacement for Di Maria?

Shooter 83 said:
Could have our very own Delap.

45seconds in
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouBpYJFWBmQ&annotation_id=annotation_976171&feature=iv[/youtube]

Cracking player been very impressed everytime I've seen him play, good vid too if you've not seen him play.
What did I just see? At 2:25 he is like a blur. The video encoder couldn't even keep up with him lol

With this and what Benfica Ultra wrote, sign him for any price.

3 months ago whilst talking of Di Maria/Luiz bid:

Damocles said:
Absolutely not. Luiz is the best young defender in the world. Think of him as our Rio Ferdinand (he's actually a similar player too).

Damocles said:
Best young defender in the world for me. I haven't seen him at international level (though the article says he hasn't yet been capped for Brazil, so that may explain it). Him and Luisao at Benfica have got a proper little partnership going. Luiz can play left back according to the article though I haven't seen him there personally, I've only ever seen him at CB.

He's good in the air, and his timing is perfect. He also likes to run with the ball out of defence, and can pass as good as any centre back you'll find in the Premier League. I think the comparison to a young Ferdinand is probably pretty apt.

The problem that I see with both of these, are that they are two of the biggest properties in world football and there is no way that we will land them without a fight. Expect bids from Chelsea, Madrid, and Barca, though hopefully we can use our financial muscle to BTOOTW.

As I've said, I'd prefer these two to Torres/Ibra/any number of top world stars any day. They are both young, full of potential and want to prove themselves in the big leagues. Di Maria is already playing alongside Messi and Tevez at international level, I'd be shocked if Luiz wasn't close to a Brazilian World Cup call up. If we can get this done and dusted before the World Cup, those prices will start to look very, very cheap.

Keep an eye on Benfica and the World Cup and decide for yourselves, but after a couple of years of watching them, I'm completely sold.

Ntini77 said:
Surely an exaggeration labeling Luiz as the best young defender in the world.

Nope, I can't think of a single better young CB than him.

Unfortunately, Luiz wasn't in the Brazilian team again, but he is still an enormously good player, and in my opinion, the best young defender in the world today.

Damocles said:
3 months ago whilst talking of Di Maria/Luiz bid:

Damocles said:
Absolutely not. Luiz is the best young defender in the world. Think of him as our Rio Ferdinand (he's actually a similar player too).

Damocles said:
Best young defender in the world for me. I haven't seen him at international level (though the article says he hasn't yet been capped for Brazil, so that may explain it). Him and Luisao at Benfica have got a proper little partnership going. Luiz can play left back according to the article though I haven't seen him there personally, I've only ever seen him at CB.

He's good in the air, and his timing is perfect. He also likes to run with the ball out of defence, and can pass as good as any centre back you'll find in the Premier League. I think the comparison to a young Ferdinand is probably pretty apt.

The problem that I see with both of these, are that they are two of the biggest properties in world football and there is no way that we will land them without a fight. Expect bids from Chelsea, Madrid, and Barca, though hopefully we can use our financial muscle to BTOOTW.

As I've said, I'd prefer these two to Torres/Ibra/any number of top world stars any day. They are both young, full of potential and want to prove themselves in the big leagues. Di Maria is already playing alongside Messi and Tevez at international level, I'd be shocked if Luiz wasn't close to a Brazilian World Cup call up. If we can get this done and dusted before the World Cup, those prices will start to look very, very cheap.

Keep an eye on Benfica and the World Cup and decide for yourselves, but after a couple of years of watching them, I'm completely sold.

Nope, I can't think of a single better young CB than him.

Unfortunately, Luiz wasn't in the Brazilian team again, but he is still an enormously good player, and in my opinion, the best young defender in the world today.

I agree

He's fucking awesome ! Garry Cook, Do it !

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-article/Benfica-mull-Manchester-City-offer-for-David-Luiz/8677/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-a ... Luiz/8677/</a>

too expensive!

Fonzo said:
Andouble said:
why would a transfer regarding 2 Portuguese teams hold up a deal between an English club and a completely separate Portuguese club?

Portuguese media is giving more importance to:

Sporting's signings (we are rebuilding our team basicly due to the horrible last season)

Fabio Coentrao to go from Benfica to Bayern or Real Madrid
Raul Meireles to go from Porto to Chelsea or Real Madrid
Benfica's new goalkeeper Roberto.

Also just read a new where the it says Benficas coach Jorge Jesus asked the president to try to keep Luisao, David Luiz and Fabio Coentrao

Makes sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.