David Luiz

Benfica Ultra said:
bobmcfc said:
probably.

You'll sign for Kolarov for €20M, but Coentrão has a penal contract resolution of €30M. Thus, Lazio is urging for money, Benfica is not... just spend €24M in new players and we're going for Huntelaar for €15M. Coentrão can play has a defensive-attacking winger, has a great technique, speed, an amazing stamina, running 90'm without a break, and has a very good left shot.

Last season Benfica spent more than €30M, and so on, and on... just got Franco Jara and Nicolás Gaitán, both young argentine players, for a total fee of €13M, and they´re not even for the start eleven. So, if you really, really want Luiz or Coentrão, it's just a matter of money, don't include players as an exchange coin, Benfica wont accept rejected players (anda by the way, let me remind you that Robinho prefered Real Madrid for a month salary of €150.000,00 when Benfica offered him €200.000,00 5 years ago, so he's on our "black list").

Any other news about David Luiz ?

1st i,ve seen of him on the youtube clip......is he a defender who can play or a player who slots in defence???....surely he,s not both!!??.....if so the guy looks amazing imo......

Benfica Ultra said:
bobmcfc said:
probably.

You'll sign for Kolarov for €20M, but Coentrão has a penal contract resolution of €30M. Thus, Lazio is urging for money, Benfica is not... just spend €24M in new players and we're going for Huntelaar for €15M. Coentrão can play has a defensive-attacking winger, has a great technique, speed, an amazing stamina, running 90'm without a break, and has a very good left shot.

Last season Benfica spent more than €30M, and so on, and on... just got Franco Jara and Nicolás Gaitán, both young argentine players, for a total fee of €13M, and they´re not even for the start eleven. So, if you really, really want Luiz or Coentrão, it's just a matter of money, don't include players as an exchange coin, Benfica wont accept rejected players (anda by the way, let me remind you that Robinho prefered Real Madrid for a month salary of €150.000,00 when Benfica offered him €200.000,00 5 years ago, so he's on our "black list").

Thats weird how you club spends so much money but you are horribly in debt from the last chaiman that did a runner!!

BlueDejong said:
Benfica Ultra said:

Any other news about David Luiz ?

Well, right now, in Portugal, everybody's too busy mocking Sporting fans for Moutinhos transfer... ahahahah... what a silly dumbass that president is (Bettentourt, Sporting's Board President).

The sports newspapers, A Bola, Record and O Jogo, are just speculating about Luiz. He's very important for the team, and Jorge Jesus wants to win the Champions. So, most likely we'll raise his salary and he's staying a couple of years more.

Ducky_ said:
Villa is possibly one of the top 5 players in the world and has proven himself at every level.

Luiz has proved himself in Portugal and the UEFA cup. So has Di Maria and he aint all that. (Not saying Luiz isn't great!)

You don't need to get yourself so worked up, Damo.

Sorry, I just hate this idea that the worth of two players can be compared. I made a post about it here:

Personally, I think that 'worth' is such a stupid platitude that journalists, and now fans, use to justify their own opinion on a player.

A player is 'worth' whatever somebody pays for them. In fact, in a market where prices are decided by two parties, and the goods exchanged are in themselves variable, the only possible way to determine worth is by looking at the price.

There are several reasons why Milner is worth £100m and several reasons why he is worth £10k. Firstly, Villa have an asset on their books that brings three major benefits to them; merchandising, sponsorship, and finally, playing ability. The only people in the world who know how much Milner is worth, is Randy Lerner and his accountants. Not Bluemoon posters, not O'Neill, not Martin fucking Samuel, just Lerner himself. He knows what he brings into the club in both terms of attracting sponsors and prestige, and also knows what he brings to the team after advice from the man who he appointed to run that side of his business, O'Neill.
He has obviously been given the advice that he is a very important member of the squad and is therefore almost irreplaceable. After consulting with his accounts, and taking this into consideration, he has decided that he will ask for a £30m fee.

Now, that is his value by Villa. His worth is decided whether City believe that he is equal in value to £30m sitting in their account. As we have (as a complete guess), £300m sitting in our coffers, is James Milner equal to the value of 10% of our liquid assets? I would personally say so. He is a relatively young player, who can play in numerous positions (to varying successes), he is English which will possibly be important for future rules, he knows the league, he is currently in the England team which is big attractions to both current and potential sponsors , he seems quite a likeable guy in interviews (again, helps with sponsors, but also with the image of the club), he has been playing in the Prem since he was 15 (marketing hook), etc, etc.
If we had £50m sitting in our coffers, would he be worth 60% of our liquid assets? I don't think so. Messi would be, due to his large worldwide profile, his huge marketing and sponsorship machine, his respectful demeanour, his internationally recognised quality and his great prestige. He'd be worth anywhere up to about 75% of our liquid assets to me, so in Milner terms, I'd pay up to about £225m for him. Cook might see him as worth 50%, or 26.667254832% or whatever, which is how we determine what price to bid.

This is how worth works. It's a scale. This is why clubs like Wigan have a good business model. They buy in players that take up 25% of their budget, them sell them to Spurs for 25% of THEIR budget. Both parties have now felt that they have a good deal.

You can't look at worth as a monetary figure like that. Johnson cost us £8m, Ronaldo cost £80m. Does that make Ronaldo TEN TIMES the player of Johnson? No, of course not. Think about that, as it is an overused saying - ten times the player. Is he TEN TIMES better than him? I wouldn't think so. I wouldn't think Ronaldo is TEN times better than me, and I'm shit.

We need to stop with this stupid shit about comparing transfer values of players, it doesn't work and makes people look like an idiot.

It's my biggest bugbear in the football blogs/media at the moment.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Benfica Ultra said:

Thats weird how you club spends so much money but you are horribly in debt from the last chaiman that did a runner!!

That's wrong. We have annual revenues of €80M. We could pay the whole debt in just five years. And we're not being paid €30M from TVs rights like spanish or english clubs. Once that Benfica is on the market exchange, we do not have any interest on having high profits; that would implicate profit-distribution to the associates... ;-)

Benfica Ultra said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

That's wrong. We have annual revenues of €80M. We could pay the whole debt in just five years. And we're not being paid €30M from TVs rights like spanish or english clubs. Once that Benfica is on the market exchange, we do not have any interest on having high profits; that would implicate profit-distribution to the associates... ;-)

If your annual revenues are 80m, wouldn't that make Luiz's projected fee of 50m a good deal for you? Surely it would cover any losses you would make financially if he wasn't in your team?

You got a pont there. But Benfica's playing the Champions League this year. Champions League revenues can reach between €20M and €25M for Benfica, even with no more than 8 games played.

Besides, the TVs payments are to be shared by all of the country's participating clubs; well, Braga has no experience in playing the Champions, if they fail in the pre-eliminatory, the whole cake will go straight to Benfica's hands... so, actually, we have no need to sell Luiz, unless you get to pay the penal clause in his contract, or a fee close to that. We'll have enough gains with ticket selling, TVs and sponsors. And if we were in the Spanish League, with all that money flowing, we could buy a guy like David Luiz instead of selling him...

Benfica Ultra said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Hey look not having ago mate, work with a Benfica fan and he said that Benfica normally sell off players that make there name for good prices to offset the stadium debt and the one that was incyrred before the stadium was built.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Benfica Ultra said:

Hey look not having ago mate, work with a Benfica fan and he said that Benfica normally sell off players that make there name for good prices to offset the stadium debt and the one that was incyrred before the stadium was built.

That's not totally wrong, but the truth is that before building the new stadium (from wich Arsenal copied the architecture to the Emirates) Benfica had no profits. The team was bad. The board was unqualified. Payers sucked.

Nowadays, it's the opposite. We do not have a millionaire behind us paying huge amounts for dubious players. We buy good, and pay what is necessary for. Aimar, Cardozo, Luisão, David Luiz, Coentrão, Ramires, Javi Garcia, etc... all of them are inquestionably good players. Not like Robinho, that seems to be a good one, but is a failure has an athlete and a person (and I moan that for city).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.