David Luiz

Swanson just tweeted that Chelsea's new bid is still several million short of the £25 million price.

I honestly think that a quality centre back and that could be us done really. Lescott isn't as bad as everyone is saying after last night, and we did have a run of clean sheets when Kolo was suspended over christmas when he was in top form.. but one extra CB of quality will undoubtedly be good as will provide more competition, cover suspensions and even allow us to send Boyata out on loan to gain some match experience

fbloke said:
There is a gentlemans agreement between City and Chelsea (as well as other big clubs) not to compete in the transfer market, so City are waiting in the wings on Luiz.

If Chelsea say no then City will jump in and buy the lad @ just below £25m

IMHO.
you know so much fbloke

What the hell are we playing at? We are in desperate need of a CB as Toure and Lescott are both liabilities... Luiz is knocking about and Chelsea are about to snap him up by the sound of it.

Unless Bobby has faith in them... I certainly don't, too inconsistent.

off another site.....

Have City made an offer for Luiz?

Yes. Summer 2010. Benfica rejected more than is being offered by Chelsea and City now. Just as we offered more to Wolfsburg for Dzeko in Summer 2010

January 2011: City's tabled bid is poised to progress. however, negotiations have been further complicated by the Romelu Lukaku deal between City and Anderlecht.

The Voice

So have City decided that with the possibility of siging another striker they will hold off on a defender?

NO. .Not necessarily so. Chelsea are the common denominator here. Chelsea wanted Lukaku to eventually help replace Drogba, Anelka etc . He is a prodigious and awesome talent and it looks like we will get Lukaku. Luiz has been courted by City and Chelsea for a long time. At the moment Chelsea are falling millions short of what Benfica want. City will see just how much Chelsea will offer before entering the fray. Chelsea may back out if they hit their ceiling and Benfica won't budge. Chelsea like City have other back-up defensive targets for this window. City are now far too astute in transfer negotiations to embarass themselves or get involved in any uneccessary bidding wars.

But you said that Chelsea were refusing to match City's offer and then said that City havent yet made an offer but did last year? So what offer are Chelsea refusing to match?
- - -

What I'm saying is City are not making their intentions public. City reps are discussing matters with Luiz's agent and Benfica. No official bid has been given to Benfica in January 2010 to my knowledge. If it has I suspect it will be kept confidential.

It is reported City made an offer/bid in excess of £30M+ for Luiz in Summer and Benfica declined it. City's transfers policy has tightened up and will not be making any offers public in the foreseeable future, unless the deal is virtually watertight.

You're misunderstanding what I'm trying to say. City have a current tabled bid for Luiz with the intention of bringing him to City in Summer 2010. It was thought all parties were happy with this deal until Chelsea intervened.

. Chelsea are/were trying to panic buy Luiz and rush a deal through now. This is unlikely to happen as Chelsea have become aware of City's genuine interest in Luiz and acceptance that they probably can't out muscle us in this deal. hence Chelsea being linked with Lescott and Richards and Abramovic's team searching for other more realistic and cheaper targets such a Kjaer. Abramovic does not want to be embroiled in a bidding war with Manchester City. I believe Luiz will join MCFC sooner or later. If/when Luiz privately refuses Chelsea, expect City to bid also for Gregory Van Der Wiel and offload Lescott and Richards in coming weeks or Summer 2011. Issues with Transfers are always in a constant state of flux.

Why do you think Richards went to speak to the Sun recently?

Apologies for the long post but it's getting complicated and there are other ramifications with this deal that I won't discuss here. .

seems like just a ton of paper talk in regards to the previous post. No way 2 defenders are coming in as there is just a little over a week left. Even if City have been doing tons of work without our knowledge (which of course they do), the media has gotten hold of everything else we've done long ahead of time. I think we're done for this season.

Andouble said:
also what site did you nick that off of mate?

It's from Football Transfer Rumours.

Seriously.

He thinks Football Transfer Rumours is worth quoting.

Jeez.

oh. well that was a big waste of my 5 minutes typing my above replies on my mobile.

I get the impresssion SPIDERBOY is aged about 14 and hopefully all eight of his legs will now be in bed.

However,i do hope there is some truth amongst that mountain of shite.

FantasyIreland said:
I get the impresssion SPIDERBOY is aged about 14 and hopefully all eight of his legs will now be in bed.

However,i do hope there is some truth amongst that mountain of shite.

and i'm hoping"fantasyireland" your going to your 2 foot bed.......
it was a quote off,yes,football rumours,which you all slate,but obviously read,otherwise you would not be on to it so quickly......
you,and about three posts up are probably the reason TH and ajay dont post anymore.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.