David Luiz

From SSN transfer clockwatch:

Chelsea are reportedly locked in talks with Benfica to sign Brazilian defender David Luiz.

The 23-year-old international has emerged as Carlo Ancelotti's number one target to bolster his defence.

It is understood that Benfica shunned an offer of €25million plus Paulo Ferreira at the weekend.

But now Chelsea are said to be thinking about upping their offer to €30million (£25million).

Benfica are keen to keep Luiz until the summer, but local sources say they will do business if Chelsea come up to the £25million mark.

Chelsea, who missed out on the signing of Steven Pienaar earlier this week, will be anxious to make some sort of breakthrough in the transfer window in order to bolster their faltering title bid.

There is a gentlemans agreement between City and Chelsea (as well as other big clubs) not to compete in the transfer market, so City are waiting in the wings on Luiz.

If Chelsea say no then City will jump in and buy the lad @ just below £25m

IMHO.

It looks as if Chelsea have upped their bid to 22m for Luiz, which may open the door for City to buy Subotic instead. A much better prospect in my view.

lionheart said:
It looks as if Chelsea have upped their bid to 22m for Luiz, which may open the door for City to buy Subotic instead. A much better prospect in my view.
Dortmund already stated Subotic and all other stars in the team are not for sale at any price because they want to build their team on for league title and UCL next season.

fbloke said:
There is a gentlemans agreement between City and Chelsea (as well as other big clubs) not to compete in the transfer market, so City are waiting in the wings on Luiz.

IMHO.

I dont really believe this, especially with other English sides - Chelsea were after Tevez when we were.

I think i can only recall one club in talks with City about transfer conpetition - Barcelona.

fbloke said:

IMHO.

So Chelsea and Spurs aren't big clubs then?

Or did I imagine they competed for the signing of Pienaar!

;-))

Soulboy said:
fbloke said:

IMHO.

;-))
There were "reliable" reports that Everton fabricated the "Chelsea bid" to force more money out of Spurs. Regardless although Spurs have spent a lot of late they dont have such deep pockets as Chelsea and City.

Plain Speaking said:
Soulboy said:

;-))
There were "reliable" reports that Everton fabricated the "Chelsea bid" to force more money out of Spurs. Regardless although Spurs have spent a lot of late they dont have such deep pockets as Chelsea and City.

Reliable?

So what you're saying is that Everton made up the story that Chelsea had made a bid so Spurs would increase their bid to match the pretend Chelsea bid... yes?

And what if Spurs didn't increase their bid?

Everton would have sold him to a pretend Chelsea!

Conspiracy theories... don'tcha love 'em!

Soulboy said:
Plain Speaking said:

Reliable?

So what you're saying is that Everton made up the story that Chelsea had made a bid so Spurs would increase their bid to match the pretend Chelsea bid... yes?

And what if Spurs didn't increase their bid?

Everton would have sold him to a pretend Chelsea!

Conspiracy theories... don'tcha love 'em!
Listen to BBC 5 live Sport The Monday Night Club from Monday 18/1/10, (from 34mins), Ian McGarry claimed "skuldugerry" was involved in the Pienaar deal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.