David Luiz

In Bobby We Trust said:
fbloke said:
There is a gentlemans agreement between City and Chelsea (as well as other big clubs) not to compete in the transfer market, so City are waiting in the wings on Luiz.

If Chelsea say no then City will jump in and buy the lad @ just below £25m

IMHO.

So what if Messi became available for 30 million would City and Chelsea say you have him no you have him?

If they both wanted him, could afford him and he had no preference as to where he went then it would be done behind closed doors I expect.

fbloke said:
In Bobby We Trust said:
So what if Messi became available for 30 million would City and Chelsea say you have him no you have him?

If they both wanted him, could afford him and he had no preference as to where he went then it would be done behind closed doors I expect.

But on that basis then why don't we want Luiz?

Who decides which club wants him more or wanted him first?

Why would there be a gentlemens agreement? Especially after what happened with Robinho.

Rammy Blue said:
fbloke said:

I am sure there are instances where both clubs will be interested in the same player.

All that exists, to the best of my knowledge, is a gentlemans agreement not to take each other on in the transfer market. Similar things exist with Barca and Bayern, or so I am told.

Lessons have been learnt from the Hughes era and the way City do business is so far from that period it is clear we do things different now.

The Dzeko transfer was agreed in principle well before the deal was signed, that seems clear now.

We havent gone toe to toe with any big clubs either, which tells me that something must be in place to make for smoother operations.

Look at the upside as well -

More wages constraint

Smaller agents fees and involvement

Quicker deals

Better PR

It makes business sense in every way especially with FFPR on the near horizon.

fbloke said:
Rammy Blue said:
fbloke said:
I am sure there are instances where both clubs will be interested in the same player.

All that exists, to the best of my knowledge, is a gentlemans agreement not to take each other on in the transfer market. Similar things exist with Barca and Bayern, or so I am told.

Could you give examples of Barca and Bayern?

fbloke said:
Rammy Blue said:

Lessons have been learnt from the Hughes era and the way City do business is so far from that period it is clear we do things different now.

The Dzeko transfer was agreed in principle well before the deal was signed, that seems clear now.

We havent gone toe to toe with any big clubs either, which tells me that something must be in place to make for smoother operations.

Look at the upside as well -

More wages constraint

Smaller agents fees and involvement

Quicker deals

Better PR

It makes business sense in every way especially with FFPR on the near horizon.

Fair enough, can understand that element.

My point though is you say that we would take Luiz if Chelsea can't agree a deal.

If we want him why are we not the club having talks?

I am certainly not close enough to anything the club do to call it either way, but there seems some evidence in the press at least that CIty have said they will bid only if Benfica and Chelsea dont do a deal.

The way it is playing out seems to back that up don't you think?

I'm not totally convinced.

Considering we got taken to the cleaners on the Lescott deal, Luiz looks a lot better player. Surprised and worried we haven't been sniffing as that indicates Mancini rates Lescott.

bluemonkey71 said:
I'm not totally convinced.

Considering we got taken to the cleaners on the Lescott deal, Luiz looks a lot better player. Surprised and worried we haven't been sniffing as that indicates Mancini rates Lescott.

2 plus 2 makes 28

Nobody knows for sure if any of what you say is accurate.

The lack of public bids means nothing really does it?

And as for Joleon, perhaps Mancini does see something in him (like he seems to in Jo) and we have to bow to his greater knowledge of both player and plans.

fbloke said:
I am certainly not close enough to anything the club do to call it either way, but there seems some evidence in the press at least that CIty have said they will bid only if Benfica and Chelsea dont do a deal.

The way it is playing out seems to back that up don't you think?

If that is the case then surely Benfica will continue to rebuff Chelsea and because they know we will come along if not this transfer window then in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.