David Luiz

Coljj said:
fbloke said:
I am certainly not close enough to anything the club do to call it either way, but there seems some evidence in the press at least that CIty have said they will bid only if Benfica and Chelsea dont do a deal.

The way it is playing out seems to back that up don't you think?

If that is the case then surely Benfica will continue to rebuff Chelsea and because they know we will come along if not this transfer window then in the summer.

We cannot assume that the issue is with a fee between clubs. Perhaps the players personal terms are the issue?

fbloke said:
I am certainly not close enough to anything the club do to call it either way, but there seems some evidence in the press at least that CIty have said they will bid only if Benfica and Chelsea dont do a deal.

The way it is playing out seems to back that up don't you think?

I don't agree at all - either with the sentiment that we have an agreement with Chelsea, or that we're interested in signing Luiz.

Regarding an agreement with Chelsea, I think the owners would see it as bad business to have an agreement like that with one of our main competitors in our domestic league. I can see us agreeing with Real for example to not go after the same players, but Chelsea...nah, no chance. I've not even mentioned Hiddink destabilizing both Hughes and Mancini with strategically placed comments in the press due to his close relationship with Roman...

Regarding Luiz - I don't think he's what we need at centre half, which is why I don't think we're in for him.

waspish said:
There might be a gentleman agreement but if we
Want a player we will
Get him

does the 5-7-5 rule of a haiku rhythm not apply to you?

;)

Thought this would have been mentioned already......

SSN saying Chelski have a work permit hearing scheduled for him.

fbloke said:
There is a gentlemans agreement between City and Chelsea (as well as other big clubs) not to compete in the transfer market, so City are waiting in the wings on Luiz.

If Chelsea say no then City will jump in and buy the lad @ just below £25m

IMHO.

This is surely nonsense.

Daily Wankers....

Chelsea's £21m David Luiz deal hits a hitch
Published 23:00 24/01/11 By Darren Lewis

Chelsea's £21.5million move for Benfica defender David Luiz is under threat because the two clubs still cannot agree a fee for the player.

Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti is desperate to land the 23-year-old centre-back and had been confident of signing him in a cash-plus-player deal.

Talks have stalled, however, because Benfica want £21.5m plus either youngster Jeffrey Bruma or Patrick van Aanholt.

Chelsea say that the Portuguese club can have one of the two players but only on loan, NOT on a permanent basis.

Luiz, who has made 126 appearances in five seasons at the Stadio De Luz, was left out of the Benfica side that beat Nacional 4-2 on Saturday night.

He is off to Chelsea. They have a work permit hearing scheduled for Wednesday.

Shame really, will be the best centre back in the world in a few years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.