David Platt: Straw Poll

Is The David Platt Signing A Good Move For City

• Yes

Votes: 112 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 528 82.5%

• Total voters
Forest fan here in peace. When I saw the news about David Twat joining City, I feel so sorry for you lot. He's a useless c*nt who doesn't know a thing about managing/coaching. He ruined our club when he was in charge and we gradually managed to build it back up. OK, maybe you've got the funds to allow him some room to fuck up but good luck to you.

I like City but this, as most of you have rightly pointed out, is a very bad move for the club.

Good luck for next season and hope you get a champions league spot!

Cheesy said:
Neville Kneville said:
It's on record that Platt hates City

Where?

(Genuine question.)

He's never been shy to admit it when interviewed in the media, also take the piss, talking about his City supporting 'mates' etc & said similar things to people who've met him.

He's a fully fledged, died in the wool rag & one of the worst coaches Forest or England have ever had. Now he works for us at the most crucial time in our history. Fucking great.

He also said we're ruining football, now he's taking our money. He can give his mates at Sky intimate details about the inner workings of our club.

Apart from that it's a great appointment.

Kirkstall Blue said:
Sad to see, just how many of you regard him as a good appointment, someone who slagged off City at every opportunity. I voted "No"

no one has said he's a good appointment tbh..just that they stick with the decisions made by the club and the manager...Hes only part of the backroom staff and will be working with Atillio Lombardo to help the players.

if he's no good he will be off with my blessing.

Even Noel Gallagher has had a say;
"I'd love to punch David Platt's face in"

(NB/ this was aimed at David Platt from Coro' after Noel was asked if he'd ever go on the show!)

;) !

GresleyRed71 01 Jul 2010 18:54

Signed: May 2009 re: David Platt ...

Oh dear boys, he destroyed my club. Good luck!

Posted by a Forest fan on another City site

and a few more views

<a class="postlink" href="http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=401&fid=192&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121074108" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2121074108</a>

I am absolutely bemused by the anger of the Forum against Platt. This is a player who was " Bombed" out of the Scum into Division three and he fought his way back to Captain his Country and become one of Europe's top players. Unlike some of his contempories he had the bottle to try his hand at both playing Abroard and at Management.

Now if as it seems likely he has called us for the Money - well who hasn't? - Torres did and many will be going Bananas if he signs next week !!. My only recollection of Platt recently is a comment on Ireland being more suited to Arsenal's way of Football as opposed to City's. A debate on getting the best out of Stevie - we have one every other day on the Forum.

If the outrage was directed at him due to being a mate of the Managers; or for being out of the Game for 5/6 years; or for having a vey under - performing record as a Coach -; well then it would have made sense.

To display this outrage on the basis of personality or perceived slights against the Club is embarrasing. It's even more embarrasing than the behaviour many of you showed when Ade rightly got punished for kicking Van Persie in the Head and trying to cause a riot with the Arsenal fans. I can name a Hundred people in Football without pausing for Breath who are bigger twats than Platt.

Incidentally - I voted no. I dont think he will be a good appointment as I dont think he has the Coaching ability for such a high profile role. However as long as he is in the Job he has my full support.

I'm going to vote no. Yes, I do think Platt is a tosser of the first order but, my vote is really down to the fact Platt has never achieved anything, I'm a little concerned by Robertos decision to recruit this fella. I hope it doesn't come back to bite him on his arse

He's not being employed for his management skills, but for his ability as a football coach. Something I can't comment on.

He might have annoyed a good few City fans over the years with his rather stupid comments, but that's not really relevant.

I think it's only a matter of time before he's fired for incompetence and goes crying to the press. He's a f*ckin weasel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.