David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was winning headers against pogba whilst both him and kev were winning every 50/50. They said we would be physically outmatched, but Dinho, kev, and Silva bossed their giants. Its brilliant to see the team sheets and they look so top heavy, but the defensive work Dave and Kev get through now makes it perfectly balanced. I love him in this new role, it fits him perfectly as we all know he gets away with a lot of secret nasty little kicks.

There's a picture on Twitter of him photo bombing a couple in a restaurant Saturday night. He's adorable the little scamp. :-)

Merlin was amazing and it is a scary thought that he might not be able to sustain it for long, after all he's 30 and not exactly a physical specimen like Ronaldo is. With that in mind, looking at the way contributes defensively, I can completely see him transitioning into a Pirlo style deep-lying-playmaker for us. Playing that position would lessen the physical toll of running back and forth the pitch. I hope we can squeeze every bit of magic inside him until the last drop and he could play at least 4-5 years more for us. But in order for that to happen we must manage him correctly and not run him to the ground.

Not to say you'll be wrong or right but it's worth remembering that at almost excatly the same age Xavi signed a 4 year e tension. Played over 240 more games winning 3 leagues & 2 Champions leagues.

David Silva and Fernandinho are integral to the way we are playing. If Silva continues to be as influential his age and physical capabilities will be catered for.

He is playing incredibly well. He was utterly outstanding Saturday.

Not to say you'll be wrong or right but it's worth remembering that at almost excatly the same age Xavi signed a 4 year e tension. Played over 240 more games winning 3 leagues & 2 Champions leagues.

David Silva and Fernandinho are integral to the way we are playing. If Silva continues to be as influential his age and physical capabilities will be catered for.

He is playing incredibly well. He was utterly outstanding Saturday.
I agree which is why I mentioned that if we treat him properly and he takes care of his body, we should at least get another 4-5 years from him.

There's a picture on Twitter of him photo bombing a couple in a restaurant Saturday night. He's adorable the little scamp. :-)

Was that photo bombing though? I reckon he was telling the selfie taker that I know what you're up to pretending to take a selfie when really you're taking a pic of me and Goalito.

Was that photo bombing though? I reckon he was telling the selfie taker that I know what you're up to pretending to take a selfie when really you're taking a pic of me and Goalito.
His vision is quite exceptional so wouldn't surprise me - especially seeing as it was done through a window and the waiter was taking their order at the same time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.