David Silva (continued)

The best player I have ever seen in Blue (been going since late 70s)

Kompany - most symbolic
Yaya - most effective
Aguero - most famous
Zabaleta - most hero worthy

Silva - simply the difference

I really don't get why he gets overlooked. Every single game he plays, he's the best player on the pitch by a country mile. He was against Liverpool yet sterling and coutinho was raved about. Same at Stamford bridge this season.

I think my main gripe about Silva is that if a striker had the ball control and footballing brain that he has theyd be knocking 35+ a season. The positions he gets into and his close control is arguably the best in the world, and his ability to bamboozle defenders is outstanding.

If he just pulled the trigger and could finish hed be one of the best, if not the best player in the world.

proudbear said:
I think my main gripe about Silva is that if a striker had the ball control and footballing brain that he has theyd be knocking 35+ a season. The positions he gets into and his close control is arguably the best in the world, and his ability to bamboozle defenders is outstanding.

If he just pulled the trigger and could finish hed be one of the best, if not the best player in the world.

And he has the ability as well, he has scored some brilliant goals from City from inside and outside the box but it is clear he is of the mindset of look for the pass rather than shoot. To be fair to him, he hasn't ever particularly needed to step up his goal scoring but the ability is there like you say - just look at the finish vs Arsenal or his goal at Hull or at home to Bayern in 2012 - and that cracker against Blackpool a few seasons back. He has the ability to manipulate space like Aguero. Fortunately we have plenty of goal threats in the team even if he doesn't shoot.

proudbear said:

he IS one of the best players in the world

proudbear said:

Yes that's his only flaw really. His composure in front of goal is, shall we say, not great. Actually he has been better this season though as previously he was bobbins. I still don't want to see him take a penalty again though.

If he had that, you'd have to say he was the best player in the world. He may be anyway. There's certainly no-one better at close control, vision, creating space, killer passes, retaining possession. No-one.

proudbear said:

The bloke has the ability to easily reach double figures in the league. He just doesn't seem driven by the need to score goals, rather than making them.

Makes me laugh that a player like Dave doesn;t get in team of the year.

I can guarantee there wouldn't be a single manager in England that would not pick him in their team if picking a Prem Allstars side.

Rammy Blue said:
Makes me laugh that a player like Dave doesn;t get in team of the year.

I can guarantee there wouldn't be a single manager in England that would not pick him in their team if picking a Prem Allstars side.

You're not wrong

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.