David Silva (continued)

CorporateBlue said:
The best player I have ever seen in Blue (been going since late 70s)

Kompany - most symbolic
Yaya - most effective
Aguero - most famous
Zabaleta - most hero worthy

Silva - simply the difference

That's quite a good description of those players.

Danamy said:
Rammy Blue said:
Makes me laugh that a player like Dave doesn;t get in team of the year.

I can guarantee there wouldn't be a single manager in England that would not pick him in their team if picking a Prem Allstars side.

You're not wrong

Agreed. How can he not be in the 'Premier League Team of the Year' ?

SuperYaya said:
CorporateBlue said:
The best player I have ever seen in Blue (been going since late 70s)

Kompany - most symbolic
Yaya - most effective
Aguero - most famous
Zabaleta - most hero worthy

Silva - simply the difference

That's quite a good description of those players.

Totally agree.Love me some Silva!!

Ireland_for_pm said:
I really don't get why he gets overlooked. Every single game he plays, he's the best player on the pitch by a country mile. He was against Liverpool yet sterling and coutinho was raved about. Same at Stamford bridge this season.

Can you imagine if he was English and played for one of the sky 4. There'd be polls about who the greatest between Maradona, Pele, Messi and Silva is. Instead we have to put up with Rooney wankfests.

Chris in London said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I think the club needs to take a long, hard look at it's recruitment policy when you consider we could have signed a true, top class talent like Fellaini for just £3m more than David.

What I don't understand is why when Mata came on the market in January we didn't offer David Silva and say, £20m for him.

Chelsea might have taken that.

Mata is nowhere near as good as Silva not sure if he will ever be

Silva has a small deficiency - goals. He gets in some great positions, but his first instinct is to caress the ball and bring it under control, when a surgical first time strike would be better.

It's true. And he must work on that

His contribution is second to none. He is the only player of his type who I have ever seen dictate a game. The positions he takes up, combined with the threat of his killer pass impacts the other team, but he also possesses the ability and nous to retain possession when most players would not be able to. That combined with the best first touch of anyone around.

Marvin said:
Silva has a small deficiency - goals. He gets in some great positions, but his first instinct is to caress the ball and bring it under control, when a surgical first time strike would be better.

It's true. And he must work on that

Completely agree that he should score more - the thing is he doesn't need to in the side we have - and when you look at some of the goals he does score - vs Arsenal at home, Bayern at home, Hull and Blackpool away - he is capable of scoring some cracking goals - he just prefers to come and get the ball and create chances - and it works well for us.

Barry's left peg said:
Chris in London said:
Tricky_Trev said:
I think the club needs to take a long, hard look at it's recruitment policy when you consider we could have signed a true, top class talent like Fellaini for just £3m more than David.

What I don't understand is why when Mata came on the market in January we didn't offer David Silva and say, £20m for him.

Chelsea might have taken that.

Mata is nowhere near as good as Silva not sure if he will ever be
whoooosh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.