David Silva [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
I was told that United went in for Silva at the same time as us but we "blew them out of the water" with the fee.

Silva said he wanted two weeks to speak to Real Madrid. It sounds like that's not going to happen so I think he's coming.

I always said once RM have decided their targets then we are going to be in the running for the players they overlook.

If we BTOOTW I'd asumme the rags offered around £15 million for him (if our £30 million price is correct). It doesn't seem Madrid are interested so I'll just keep my fingers crossed that Chelsea don't come in for him.

The Fixer said:
Why haven't chelsea been given permission to talk to silva yet if they're sooooo interested in him?

Apart from the media frenzy over chelsea are they really that interested? i take heart in the fact we have proof we're in the mix and not just speculation.

Who says they haven't? Just because the Sun or whatever has named us alone doesn't make it fact that we are the only club allowed to speak with him.

I do agree it's great to be in the mix. Something we could have only dreamed of a few years back. However, I suspect this one might just turn out to be a miss for us.

The Fixer said:
Why haven't chelsea been given permission to talk to silva yet if they're sooooo interested in him?

Apart from the media frenzy over chelsea are they really that interested? i take heart in the fact we have proof we're in the mix and not just speculation.
Yeah but like I said yesterday, players will use us for official talks to prompt bigger, or more appealing clubs to make their move. We ain't anywhere near the top of the food chain and we are going to get used until we have more than money to offer.

CityPar said:
The Fixer said:

Who says they haven't? Just because the Sun or whatever has named us alone doesn't make it fact that we are the only club allowed to speak with him.

I do agree it's great to be in the mix. Something we could have only dreamed of a few years back. However, I suspect this one might just turn out to be a miss for us.

The valencia director has confirmed we have been given permission to speak to the boy not the sun etc!

He has not said the same for chelsea, as far as i'm aware the chelsea interest is coming from newspapers and silva saying he'd like to play for chelsea thats it.

Agree with didsbury dave that once Real madrid and barca have sorted who they want then the rest is for us and possibly Chelsea to fight over.

The issue Chelsea have is that they have already stated they wont be caught in a bidding war with us (we have too much for them to compete) and surely they know if they go for Silva the price will go up and we will compete for players they go after which increases the payment.

Maybe there is a gentlemans agreement with Chelsea that we don't go for each others targets? Similar happened with Spurs over Bellamy and Palacios alledgedly.

I think Silva will go Chelsea regardless just look at what his agent has said, maybe the plan is for Silva to use us to get the best deal possible at Chelsea

So basically you fellas are delighted at signing a player that none of the big clubs wanted? Sad.

You're overpaying for Silva as well in my opinon. Why not just get Joe Cole on a free transfer?

ffan said:
So basically you fellas are delighted at signing a player that none of the big clubs wanted? Sad.

You're overpaying for Silva as well in my opinon. Why not just get Joe Cole on a free transfer?

Because he isn't as good as Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.