David Silva retires from football (pg13)

Was my late father in law's favourite player of all time and he'd seen a lot. Magnificent servant and the kind of footballer you really loved on your team.

I never thought anyone could get near Colin Bell as the best player I have ever seen in a city shirt but to be honest Although I think King Colin still has the slight edge David was very, very close to taking his crown,
Lets hope the little Maestro can walk out at the Etihad some day & get the ovation he deserves.

I loved this little fella I will never see another Dav Silva the most gifted
footballer ever imo,good luck and enjoy your retirement El Mago loved always by City fans.

I’ve seen exceedingly good players in many years following City, including King Colin and Kun Aguero, but for me, this little fella is the best so far. His vision, close ball skills and passing perfection were just a dream to watch. Thank you for so many wonderful memories. You will be loved and never forgotten by all City fans. Hope you enjoy your retirement El Mago.

The most underrated player of all time. David Silva came to City quietly, weaved his magic, made things happen for City, bamboozled opposition, made himself a legend, got himself a statue and ironically left us quietly in the Covid period. His volleyed assist for Edin in the 6-1 game is the best assist I have ever seen in a football game.

Enjoy your retirement, Merlin. You can enjoy your brews with your loved ones in Gran Canaria now!! Us City supporters will always remember what you did and achieved here!!

The most consistent performer I’ve ever seen in a City shirt. Other players have had higher peaks but no one was as good as Silva was on a game by game basis.

His goal against United in the 6-1 to make it 5 meant a lot to me. I was at the 5-0 game in 94 as a kid and it haunted me for a long time. When Silva ran through and made it 5 of our own, it was very emotional for me and helped exercise some demons.
First paragraph nails it for me

Good luck ,one of the best playmakers ever.I wish prime David would be playing in our current team with Haaland,that would be insane.

Ha sido un placer haberte visto jugar al fútbol.
Muchas gracias mago errante.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.