David Silva

He's amazing in every single way, he cannot possibly be human! I don't want to jinx him but I think we've got something very special here, I actually just spent half the match like this :O watching him.

I think i'm going to set up a shrine for him. Just need a lock of his hair, anyone willing to hold him down for me whilst I take a snip. Or I could always shave off his dodgy goatee/whatever the hell that thing is on his face!

carrconormcfc said:
mad zab said:
Sorry mate there are more than a few of us on here who has watched this kid for a few years now.

He was MOM in the Euro 2008 final.

He was the reason why David Villa scored so many goals for Valencia.

Quite simply he is up there with Iniesta and Xavi.
I've followed his career myself mate, It's not that I'm saying he isn't a quality player but Xavi and Iniesta are on a whole different planet. Silva is in the next bracket down with Sneijder and Kaka, no shame in that.
Xavi and Iniesta play a more defensive role than Silva did at Valencia, and that he does now for both Spain and City.

Him, Xavi and Iniesta. What a midfield that would be.

I don't know if it has been said, but Silva and Johnson are looking superb together.

I just cannot beleive how good we can be.

Silva MOM what a game.

MCFC BOB said:
carrconormcfc said:
I've followed his career myself mate, It's not that I'm saying he isn't a quality player but Xavi and Iniesta are on a whole different planet. Silva is in the next bracket down with Sneijder and Kaka, no shame in that.
Xavi and Iniesta play a more defensive role than Silva did at Valencia, and that he does now for both Spain and City.

They're both still attacking midfielders.

Although technically brilliant, that midfield trio would get overran by a physical side. That's why Busquets gets in Spain's midfield ahead of Silva.

carrconormcfc said:
mad zab said:
Sorry mate there are more than a few of us on here who has watched this kid for a few years now.

He was MOM in the Euro 2008 final.

He was the reason why David Villa scored so many goals for Valencia.

Quite simply he is up there with Iniesta and Xavi.

You are completely wrong in your assessment!! When everyone was creaming after Fabregas in the Premiership, he couldn't get into the Spain side ahead of Silva.

The only reason Silva didn't play more games in the WC is the manager took the hump with him over his transfer to City, because he felt it caused distraction in the camp.

Ask most Spanish fans and they will have Silva up there with Iniesta and Xavi!!

It is just fantastic to see a player of Silva's quality in a City shirt. If he doesn't start against Arsenal then Mancini must be sacked immediately!!!!!!!?????.

Silva was great tonight - he seems to be settling in. He is going to be a massive player for us. Looks like another good buy - I can't wait to see Balo get going. What a squad we have - I'm starting to really believe we can actually win something this seqson.

carrconormcfc said:
MCFC BOB said:

They're both still attacking midfielders.

Although technically brilliant, that midfield trio would get overran by a physical side. That's why Busquets gets in Spain's midfield ahead of Silva.
Silva's been a revelation in Spain's last 3 or 4 games, starting all (or most) of them i think. I'm pretty sure it was an injury that initially gave him his chance to start, but he has grasped his opportunity and the Spanish press have been absolutely raving about him after his recent performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.