David Silva

Correct me if I am wrong but Silva was marked out of the game all night. First time he has had a man marker for many months so not his problem plus the fact he got clattered anytime he went near the 18 yard line. About time a few other players stepped up (in the big games) and produced some creativity. Napoli squeezed us well,they are no mugs but I am really confident we can go to Italy and Spain and get wins.

2nd half i thought he looked fookin shattered even though were usually missing him in a game badly i really think we should rest him for at least 1

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Correct me if I am wrong but Silva was marked out of the game all night. First time he has had a man marker for many months so not his problem plus the fact he got clattered anytime he went near the 18 yard line. About time a few other players stepped up (in the big games) and produced some creativity. Napoli squeezed us well,they are no mugs but I am really confident we can go to Italy and Spain and get wins.

Right so our best midfielder can be nullified by one marker and we'll just accept that?

World class players get double and triple marked often - it's up to them to still affect the game.

BlueSinclair said:
I think its a fair point. Silva is good no doubt, but he really goes a bit missing against the best, which is worrying. Other players rise to the occasion against better opponents, but not often Silva.

Could it not be that, in general, we are not as dominant against those teams, have less space to operate in and our midfield does not have it all it's own way?

In the big matches last season, Silva was having to play most of his football about 50/60 yards away from goal. With only a lone striker in front of him and four opposition defenders, he hardly had much to aim at. Not forgetting that he would be fending off defenders himself and our midfield was slow to support him.

Didn't Rooney not score in the Champs League for around 2 or 3 years? Look at him now......He's better than Messi and Pele.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

Considering his class, that shouldn't make a difference.

It does happen. I remember seeing Claudio Gentile mark Maradona out a world cup final.

But the best come back and that's what David Silva will do.

King Geedorah said:
So when's he going to perform in a competitive match against an organised defence?

Yes he can take Blackpool (Conceded the most goals last season) or Inter (New manager, uncompetitive game) to pieces but we have paid more than £20 million for a world cup winner who goes missing when the going gets tough.

I take it your picture is in the dictionary under the term 'idiot'. Good luck in life.

How often is a big players name called against top competition? This is a team game. Is a player dissappears in a solid performance so be it. Silva can not pull the strings for us every game. Today's commentary looks like a fucking RAWK meltdown.

Geedorah, you're starting to become to Silva what Sabster is to De Jong and Bernarbia was to Dzeko. If there was one creative player who didn't show up enough last night it was Nasri, not Silva. Silva played reasonably well and we had chances to seal the match but it was one of those days where the woodwork or a last ditch tackle frustratingly thwarted us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.