David Silva

Uno's_My name said:
I would happily forgo the club signing any players for the next 2 years if it meant Silva signed on longer terms with us, hes better than anything we could possibly buy (barring the obvious Messi and Iniesta) and is simply irreplaceable, hes the best player ive ever seen in a blue shirt, the best in the league by a distance get it done!

absolute rubbish

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He's hardly had a good game since christmas and yesterday was no different. Hopefully it's just lack of match fitness. I don't think we will keep him beyond this year.

AS much as I love David, I have to agree with the above. Before last Christmas, he was one of the best five players in the world, but since then he's been restrict to being just good, sometimes even being poor (as yesterday for example.) He might have had his reasons for the odd poor game, but I fear what we saw for a couple of months late last year will not be seen again. He then had a miraculous drive in his step, almost looking like his was floating forward on the pitch; his touches were flawless and he spread clever passes for fun. Something happened.

Maybe he is homesick? Maybe the past winter in Manchester killed his enthusiasm... or maybe it's nothing. He says he's happy here but I'm positive he'd jump at the chance to go back home, to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona. And if a mega offer came in, I think we should accept.

It would be a sad day to see him go, but I have no doubt what so ever we will cope without him, and who knows maybe even do better?

Still he's my most favourite City player ever.
So far.

Matt the Giant said:
He's hardly had a good game since christmas and yesterday was no different. Hopefully it's just lack of match fitness. I don't think we will keep him beyond this year.

AS much as I love David, I have to agree with the above. Before last Christmas, he was one of the best five players in the world, but since then he's been restrict to being just good, sometimes even being poor (as yesterday for example.) He might have had his reasons for the odd poor game, but I fear what we saw for a couple of months late last year will not be seen again. He then had a miraculous drive in his step, almost looking like his was floating forward on the pitch; his touches were flawless and he spread clever passes for fun. Something happened.

Maybe he is homesick? Maybe the past winter in Manchester killed his enthusiasm... or maybe it's nothing. He says he's happy here but I'm positive he'd jump at the chance to go back home, to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona. And if a mega offer came in, I think we should accept.

It would be a sad day to see him go, but I have no doubt what so ever we will cope without him, and who knows maybe even do better?

So far.

oh ffs.

he was finding space yesterday his radar was a little off just perhaps a lack of pre season. He is playing with a constant injury.

Given that Nasri has appeared to step up to the plate and we looked a bit frail defensively yesterday I think he could do with a couple of games on the bench, replace him with De Jong/Barry (when he's fit) and push Yaya further up the pitch. Bring him on for last 20-30mins of each game to keep him ticking over. Give the boy a rest, he must be knackered with what all he's been through in the last 18months and with so little time to replenish the stocks. He'll be back I'm sure!

grim up north said:
Matt the Giant said:

So far.

oh ffs.

he was finding space yesterday his radar was a little off just perhaps a lack of pre season. He is playing with a constant injury.

What injury, and how long has he had it?
He looked fine during the Euros.<br /><br />-- Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 am --<br /><br />
fergal_oc said:
Given that Nasri has appeared to step up to the plate and we looked a bit frail defensively yesterday I think he could do with a couple of games on the bench, replace him with De Jong/Barry (when he's fit) and push Yaya further up the pitch. Bring him on for last 20-30mins of each game to keep him ticking over. Give the boy a rest, he must be knackered with what all he's been through in the last 18months and with so little time to replenish the stocks. He'll be back I'm sure!

This sounds good to me. I was very surprised to see him in the starting XI yesterday.

Matt the Giant said:
grim up north said:
Matt the Giant said:

So far.

oh ffs.

What injury, and how long has he had it?
He looked fine during the Euros.

-- Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:32 am --

fergal_oc said:

This sounds good to me. I was very surprised to see him in the starting XI yesterday.

if you knew anything about anything you would know he has a long standing ankle injury

you are my second favourite poster on here behind Tevez City

I want the old Silva back! Nasri's been consistently better than him for a good 8 months now and must surely have overtaken him in the pecking order. If we play 3-5-2 again and can only select one of Silva and Nasri, it's GOT to be Nasri right now. It's gone on too long to call this a "blip" in Silva's form. This IS his form.

Given how good he has been for us since we got him, I am willing to forgive him one bad day at the office.

World Class Player Has Off Day Shocker.

Next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.