David Silva

To be honest, i don't find it fair.
Samir Nasri is paid 150K just as him, despite the fact that he is performing far much better than him since mid February.
Would it be fair and square to overpay David 25% more than him ?
Nope, only and only if he comes back permanently to his former form displayer during May/November 2011.
Just as others say, i think the David we are looking at from last winter till now is THE David we will have for this hole new season. Some have been covering his rather sub-par performances behind a bs injury that is reported nowhere but on their deluded and blind love for him.
And by the way, Xavi Hernandez is payed 156K a week, compare what's comparable.
The day we could put David and Messi in the same sentence is not coming imo.

Are you crazy? On drugs? Silva is a fine player and has had an off game or two, if he doesn't score or create he always takes 2/3 players with him as he can do magical things with a football. Xavi may 'only' be on 156k but its all relevant isn't it, silva is our Xavi and we should pay him with regards to that. He has his best footballing years ahead of him and we should tie him down for them or Real or Barca will.

Why did he take the pen on Sun. When Tevez has a great scoring record. Not being wise after the event , I said so at the time

reedy said:
Why did he take the pen on Sun. When Tevez has a great scoring record. Not being wise after the event , I said so at the time

Tevez missed the one penalty he took last season and several the one before TBH I was glad it was someone else though Yaya would have been my choice

Give him a raise, it's just the agent and club negotiating a better deal for him.

Its made easier with Ade gone. Silva will be fully match fit in another 3 weeks and everyone will be saying sign him up now. He did have a shocker on Sunday mind

1972Bramhall_Blue said:
reedy said:

Tevez missed the one penalty he took last season and several the one before TBH I was glad it was someone else though Yaya would have been my choice

Nasri wanted to take it but Dave wasn't having it...

After seeing him score an important penalty for France (Euro qualifier) in front of 90k he was my choice!

ZZmaestro said:
To be honest, i don't find it fair.
Samir Nasri is paid 150K just as him, despite the fact that he is performing far much better than him since mid February.
Would it be fair and square to overpay David 25% more than him ?
Nope, only and only if he comes back permanently to his former form displayer during May/November 2011.
Just as others say, i think the David we are looking at from last winter till now is THE David we will have for this hole new season. Some have been covering his rather sub-par performances behind a bs injury that is reported nowhere but on their deluded and blind love for him.
And by the way, Xavi Hernandez is payed 156K a week, compare what's comparable.
The day we could put David and Messi in the same sentence is not coming imo.
I find it shocking that people can have an opinion like this. Silva has looked world class for 2 years. He's an incrediblly talented player who had a bad game on Sunday. He's our most important and influential player and has been since he arrived. Without him we don't penetrate or play with the right tempo.

At the end of last season he was still in fine form. He was playing brilliantly for Spain too.
However at the Euros I noticed that he was subbed every game. You could see the disappointment on his face at not finishing the game. I think this may have affected his confidence. He didn't look confident taking that penalty to me. He didn't look confident when he came off either. His head was down and he didn't look to happy.
I do hope he gets it back quickly. On his day he a fantastic player and often unplayable.IMO he's one of our best players ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.