David Silva

ElanJo said:
Matt the Giant said:
ElanJo said:
Yep, sell our best player.

Best players this season are Zabaleta, Clichy and Milner. We're talking about Silva here.

Not really relevant. Zab has walked away with POTY this season but part of that is down to how poorly we have been as a whole team going forward.

Every player in the PL playing at their optimum, Silva is the best player iin the league, nevermind at City.

You don't sell your best players unless you get offered stupid money or they ask for a transfer. I'd sell Silva if someone offered in the region of 60m but that's not going to happen.

This team should be built around David Silva.

Who is it built around at present? I genuinely don't know.

Gabriel said:
ElanJo said:
Matt the Giant said:
Best players this season are Zabaleta, Clichy and Milner. We're talking about Silva here.

Not really relevant. Zab has walked away with POTY this season but part of that is down to how poorly we have been as a whole team going forward.

Every player in the PL playing at their optimum, Silva is the best player iin the league, nevermind at City.

You don't sell your best players unless you get offered stupid money or they ask for a transfer. I'd sell Silva if someone offered in the region of 60m but that's not going to happen.

Who is it built around at present? I genuinely don't know.

Looks a bit of a mess at present.

If Madrid come calling tell em it's 60 mil or fuck off. He's worth way over the 30 mil people are talking about on here! No way is he in the same price range as andy fuckin carol, lets say he was at Madrid and they were selling him, I'm pretty sure they'd want more than 30 mil! As people have said he needs to be told this team is built around him and he's the dogs fookin dangleys!

If Silva hasn't hit top form this season what can you say about YaYa and Nasri ? Both have been shite this season. Silva has quality and is class. He has much improved his workrate and his defensive play this season and doesn't pull out of of tackles like Nasri and Garcia frequently do. Having said that, Mata is better player than Silva being two-footed and gets many more goals and is a few years younger.

Sell Silva and what do we have in midfield ? Barry (the legs have definitely gone this year...he's in decline), Garcia (an unbelievable bad buy), Nasri (anonymous), YaYa (half-arsed most of the time), Milner (100% tryer but not top quality). Selling Silva would be a major error.

I cannot express how much I love the guy and will be gutted if he leaves. I really hope he stays!

Yaya played unstoppable right at the start of the season i.e at the Bernabeu. He completely dictated the play in midfield and bombed forward but then for some strange/shite reason he suddenly lost form.

I didn't think it'd be too bad when he went off to Africa as he wasn't making any impact and looking at yesterday, as a captain he didn't lead the team and set an example to the other players like Kompany would have done.

Hope he takes a look at the league table before Chelsea.

ElanJo said:
Matt the Giant said:
ElanJo said:
Yep, sell our best player.

In Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero we have a CL winning team - a team in the mold of Barca, not the way Chelsea did it- with the right vision tactically and in the transfer market.

I totally agree with the premise of this argument. First rule of football- you don't sell your best player.

You then build a team around your best player. At the moment there is incredible pressure on David because he has a non-functioning Nasri beside him as the alternative playmaker.

Every other top European team has 2 or 3 Silva like players. So I think we are looking at this the wrong way around. Lets look at players that can support David and take some pressure off him. God help us if he gets injured.

I actually wouldn't mind dropping Nasri and playing Suarez. Even if he creates one chance in a game it would be one more than Samir is creating at the moment.

Agree with the argument that another creative mid or 2 would help his form immensely. If you look at Mata last year, in what was a pretty shitty Chelsea side, he was carrying the entire creative spark of the team on his own (as David is now) and was pretty good that season. Yet this year, now that he has Hazard, Oscar and even Moses to link up with, help shoulder that responsibility, and spread the creative impetus around so it's not totally dependent on him, we see how he's flourished. Very serious contender for PFA POTY, and that's in spite of supplying one of the shittiest strikers in Europe the whole season. Can definitely see the same happening with Merlin, cause we all know his quality and he's clearly not performing anywhere near it at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.