David Silva

BlueMoonz1977 said:
jimmy blue shoes said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
^^^ This is possibly the best comment I have seen in a long time. You actually want to sell Silva and replace him with Modric

Laughable....

Really!

This time last year I would agree with you. But I can't be the only person on here who thinks he's taken a remarkable dip in form. Wether this is to do with fitness or a lack of desire i don't know!

On his day he is up there with the very best but IF (and it is a big IF) his head has been turned by Madrid and his heart isn't with city then it will affect his quality on the pitch!

Premier proven Modric and £20 mil towards Bale for me over a half hearted Silva any day. Sorry!

Yes really - Modric is over-hyped totally. He is a decent player that is it. He went missing in all the big games when he was at the Spuds.

He cannot even get into the RM team on a consistent basis. and when he does come on he flatters to decieve.

RM want to sell Modric due to his very poor contribution. RM are eyeing up Silva because they know he is by far a better quality player and will bring more to their team.

and you want this to happen - behave

No, I want David to recapture his form.

But in the context of the OP I would take Modric and £20 million over a poor Silva.

It's more realistic than us getting Ronaldo, Ozil or £50 mil.

Modric isn't in the same league as Silva, swapping them would simply be another downgrade on our squad. Silva is one of the world's greatest playmakers. NONE of our attacking players are showing their full potential at the moment due to our tactics - that includes Aguero who could be one of the closest things to Messi out there if his talent was made full use of (we saw a glimpse against Liverpool).

jimmy blue shoes said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
jimmy blue shoes said:
Really!

This time last year I would agree with you. But I can't be the only person on here who thinks he's taken a remarkable dip in form. Wether this is to do with fitness or a lack of desire i don't know!

On his day he is up there with the very best but IF (and it is a big IF) his head has been turned by Madrid and his heart isn't with city then it will affect his quality on the pitch!

Premier proven Modric and £20 mil towards Bale for me over a half hearted Silva any day. Sorry!

Yes really - Modric is over-hyped totally. He is a decent player that is it. He went missing in all the big games when he was at the Spuds.

He cannot even get into the RM team on a consistent basis. and when he does come on he flatters to decieve.

RM want to sell Modric due to his very poor contribution. RM are eyeing up Silva because they know he is by far a better quality player and will bring more to their team.

But in the context of the OP I would take Modric and £20 million over a poor Silva.

I hope you are joking. I would take a poor Silva over Modric any time. Class is permanent.

jimmy blue shoes said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
jimmy blue shoes said:
Really!

So say this deal happens and we get Modric. Will you do the same thing again, if Modric goes out of form, would you do the same thing again?

Seosa said:
LoveCity said:
Sportmediaset in Italy is claiming his relationship with Mancini has fallen apart post-Southampton game which could lead to him joining Real. They better be lying, this is one player we can't lose. I'd rather lose Mancini than Silva.

I can't reiterate it enough; if we lose this Sunday, Mancini goes. Silva leaving is a possibility though IMO.
It'll be interesting to see what part Mancini and Mourinho play in all this. RM has rejected Silva more than once, Mourinho being *the* reason for the 3rd time. Who knows how Silva feels about him, but would a Mourinho-less RM be attractive?
Being a boyhood RM fan doesn't help, but let's hope all the other many pro-City reasons keep him here for a while. He is a key to our success.

SingBlueSilva said:
Seosa said:
LoveCity said:
Sportmediaset in Italy is claiming his relationship with Mancini has fallen apart post-Southampton game which could lead to him joining Real. They better be lying, this is one player we can't lose. I'd rather lose Mancini than Silva.

I can't reiterate it enough; if we lose this Sunday, Mancini goes. Silva leaving is a possibility though IMO.
It'll be interesting to see what part Mancini and Mourinho play in all this. RM has rejected Silva more than once, Mourinho being *the* reason for the 3rd time. Who knows how Silva feels about him, but would a Mourinho-less RM be attractive?
Being a boyhood RM fan doesn't help, but let's hope all the other many pro-City reasons keep him here for a while. He is a key to our success.

I don't know if RM is still keen on Silva. Since he has renewed his contract, I doubt RM would approach us for him this summer.

Getting Silva in doesn't make sense for Real.

Who do they kick out? Ozil?

Okay, Silva's got a highler level, but Ozil's 4 years younger, not too far off in quality, and doesn't suffer as much from dips in form, plus is already 'settled' in to Real. No point having 1 of the 2 on the bench, especially when you've already got someone like Modric there (albeit Modric is a CM that can play very well at CAM, not in either of those 2 class there though).

Don't see Di Maria being replaced either, Silva's not that type of wide player, nor is Arbeloa a quality attacking fullback D. Silva can 'play in' via overlapping runs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.