David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fred Eyre came out with a belter during the Norwich commentary , " David Silva could find space in a single bed with Hattie Jacques and Dawn French in it" absolute quality Fred, and get well soon.

Didsbury Dave said:
chris85mcfc said:
supercity88 said:
Silva has an ability to create space for himself that many players are just not capable of. Yaya can do it through his strength and power, but Silva draws people into him and just manages to turn on a sixpence and take a huge stride to quickly spring forward. From nothing he creates something and he knows whether to pass or to hold the ball up again. That is what sets him apart. A few players can create space like he can, fewer can make the right decision on whether to pass forward or hold on to the ball, fewer still execute that decision as well as he can. He is one of the few in the world that can do it. And do it consistently. Messi and Iniesta are certainly capable of it!

I think another thing that seems to go a miss when debating Silva, is his strength and turn of pace. Over 5-10 yards he has the ability to get away from his marker and the strength to hold them off.

Yes, he's a tough little fucker on the quiet. And that 270-360 degree turn he uses to create space is just special. I've never seen the likes of it before.
That turn is special.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
chris85mcfc said:
I think another thing that seems to go a miss when debating Silva, is his strength and turn of pace. Over 5-10 yards he has the ability to get away from his marker and the strength to hold them off.

Yes, he's a tough little fucker on the quiet. And that 270-360 degree turn he uses to create space is just special. I've never seen the likes of it before.
That turn is special.
The scott parker spin??

Bluebee2 said:
Fred Eyre came out with a belter during the Norwich commentary , " David Silva could find space in a single bed with Hattie Jacques and Dawn French in it" absolute quality Fred, and get well soon.

Someone posted that last week, might have been you. Absolutely brilliant.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
chris85mcfc said:

That turn is special.

The way he controls the ball with the outside of his foot, if its coming down at him, and turns at the same time is mesmerising.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
chris85mcfc said:

That turn is special.

Yes he did one of those turns at Spurs, the full 360 degrees, magical. I actually think he's a slightly under-rated player, even by some City fans. The topics about him on here are rarely near the top of page 1, for example, unlike say Aguero, Yaya, Fernandinho etc.

To paraphrase Clarkson, he corners like a fly.

Continuing the "corners" theme, they are something he is not very good at...

goatersnipple said:
Id go as far to say hes the best player ive seen in a city shirt

He is for me, too.

The other thing he does is always, always, always keeps his body between the opponent and the ball. That's what that turn is all about. That's why he is hardly ever tackled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.