David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel nothing but pity for you if you genuinely think that my post was a response to your question about quality of assists.

Look at Ribéry's assist to Mandzukic in the 2012 Supercup. Even better if you add in the context of both passes.

Out of interest, has Silva ever made another successful pass like that? I don't recall him making one like that since the derby match. It might be due to my "simple mind", though.

C Velz said:
I feel nothing but pity for you if you genuinely think that my post was a response to your question about quality of assists.

Look at Ribéry's assist to Mandzukic in the 2012 Supercup. Even better if you add in the context of both passes.

Out of interest, has Silva ever made another successful pass like that? I don't recall him making one like that since the derby match. It might be due to my "simple mind", though.

Yeah, only a complex, genius like mind would come out with this cracker during the FA cup match against Chelsea on Saturday. A reminder to everyone this was the match that Chelsea mustered not one clear chance combined with 0 shots on target. C Velz view of the situation though?

Such un-intelligent and un-coordinated pressing on display from City at times.

I bow down to your clear superior knowledge.

lvIGbvf.gif

Javi García pushes up and is ball-watching, Clichy is too far up the pitch, Yaya Touré is the only person in the centre of the pitch for Manchester City. David Silva is caught out by Ivanovic and has to resort to a cynical chop of the ankle. How is this not un-intelligent and un-coordinated pressing?
rYFqix3.png

And while you're trawling through my posts to experience my "complex, genius mind" first-hand, I recommend looking at my post to see why Chelsea did not manage a single attempt on target. Manchester City's pressing and Chelsea's ineffectiveness in attack are not directly related to each other.

C Velz said:

The pass at 1:51 springs to mind as the immediate debate as to which was better was brought about, it was a mere month after the derby so don't rule your "simple mind" out of the equation.

Under pressure, curling it around a defender with the perfect touch and weight on a 35 yard pass along the ground. He's some pup is our Dave.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yILmOdcO62c[/youtube]

C Velz said:

Pellegrini hit the nail on the head about David silva. "He is the best player of the final ball I have ever seen".

A bold statement from a manager has seen some good players and been around for a long long time.

Silva ran the game on Saturday, as he regularly does for us. Spurs two weeks ago was the last time he did it. I wouldn't swap him for any creative midfielder in the world, he's that good.

Was the pass a successful one? The video suspiciously cuts away as it looks like the defender would cut the ball out, for some reason.

I don't think David Silva is the best at playing a final ball (that I have seen), but he is certainly one of the best in world football at it. If you are curious, I think Messi is the best at it. There are very few footballers like Silva though, nowadays. I've always rated him highly.

C Velz said:
lvIGbvf.gif

Javi García pushes up and is ball-watching, Clichy is too far up the pitch, Yaya Touré is the only person in the centre of the pitch for Manchester City. David Silva is caught out by Ivanovic and has to resort to a cynical chop of the ankle. How is this not un-intelligent and un-coordinated pressing?
rYFqix3.png

And while you're trawling through my posts to experience my "complex, genius mind" first-hand, I recommend looking at my post to see why Chelsea did not manage a single attempt on target. Manchester City's pressing and Chelsea's ineffectiveness in attack are not directly related to each other.

you're a fucking clown. ramires did make a very intelligent run to take advantage clichy's position, but by no means was he too high up the pitch. javi garcia's "ball watching" pause was actually more likely to have been him cutting off the immediate through ball to ramires, while also giving clichy an extra moment to recovery. A sacrifice that may have saved a quick counter from happening right then and there. Silva then has the best vision of the play at hand, if he thought we were still at risk and made that foul, it was a very intelligent play. He stopped play and gave us the chance to regroup. When you press like we do, openings will happen, but if anything this clip proves our team is well trained to handle these kind of difficult situations.

C Velz said:
Was the pass a successful one? The video suspiciously cuts away as it looks like the defender would cut the ball out, for some reason.

I don't think David Silva is the best at playing a final ball (that I have seen), but he is certainly one of the best in world football at it. If you are curious, I think Messi is the best at it. There are very few footballers like Silva though, nowadays. I've always rated him highly.
T'was successful, yes.

47 min: Aguero ultimately couldn't do anything with it, but Silva just found him with an absolutely stunning volleyed pass, a near replica of the one that set up Dzeko at Old Trafford. This one was arguably harder though, as it had to be judged so it could spin behind Jose Enrique. What a brilliant footballer.

Silva made a cynical foul in order to allow Manchester City to "regroup". Re-group from being shifted out of position, that is. I've seen Manchester City press well, it's not like it is a rarity. But this is an example of un-coordinated pressing that was exemplified by the kick of Ivanovic's ankle.

Fouls are the last thing a successful pressing team should be making. Fouling shows that you've done something wrong, especially when it is an unneeded one like Silva has done. Every team makes these sort of mistakes; some of them are punished with goals, others aren't. There is no need to be so defensive and use expletives.<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:59 am --<br /><br />
pudge said:
T'was successful, yes.

47 min: Aguero ultimately couldn't do anything with it, but Silva just found him with an absolutely stunning volleyed pass, a near replica of the one that set up Dzeko at Old Trafford. This one was arguably harder though, as it had to be judged so it could spin behind Jose Enrique. What a brilliant footballer.
Thanks for the info, mate.

C Velz said:

C Velz said:
He is not really a unique footballer

Digging-Hole001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.