David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silva - best since Bell?

jimbopm said:
I can't believe those who say Yaya isn't as gifted as Silva. Name me one thing that Silva can do that Yaya can't.

Are you serious?

Create space from nothing
Kill the ball in tight situations
Shield the ball using his balance
See players making runs
Weight passes

Ya Ya himself will tell you he does all those things better than him. Ya Ya is about power, Silva is about grace.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I have seen numerous threads in the past talking about where the likes of Yaya and Aguero stand in terms of greatness, alongside Bell and such, all more than valid.

I would just like to state in my 30 years of watching City, I have never seen a player as good as David Silva.

I've have heard all the pros and cons, he doesn't score enough goals etc.

His performance against Barcelona the other night was the greatest, most technically perfect performance I have seen from anyone in a City shirt.

His passing, his control under pressure, his ability to take the likes of Xavi and Iniesta out of the play with a turn of his body - absolutely majestic.

At Bayern, earlier this season and twice against Madrid, he was also the stand-out player on the pitch.

Bell was before my time, but up there with the King?

I'm old enough to have seen both and without doubt silva is the closest thing to colin we've ever had. can't split tbh.

Going to get accused of being a rag but on Ragcafe they were drooling over Silva's performance against Barca, getting comparisons to Zidane with the general consensus he was a class above Ozil and even their very own Mata.

Hard to separate him from Yaya, Kompany and Tevez while Aguero will also be a close comparison soon but he is certainly one of our greatest ever players and possible the best of our players post-Mansour.

I'm not sure that the original poster was wanting us to make comparisons , as I say they are entirely different types of players. I assume that the left footed thing is a piss take or alternatively a rag.

Didsbury Dave said:
jimbopm said:
I can't believe those who say Yaya isn't as gifted as Silva. Name me one thing that Silva can do that Yaya can't.

Are you serious?

See players making runs
Weight passes

Ya Ya himself will tell you he does all those things better than him. Ya Ya is about power, Silva is about grace.
When I read that post these were the things that came in to my head also

Didsbury Dave said:
Can't believe the amount of people saying Yaya. Great player at times, but not as "gifted" as Silva. If I had to place our players in order of "who would I most not want to lose" it would be

1) Silva
2) Kompany
3) Aguero
4) Ya Ya

Kompany only rivals yaya for importance and team psychology, meaning we survive without silva, take the other 2 out and we are powder puff..... WhEn on song I've never seen a player in my time as a blue control a game like yaya can, he beats 80% of the league mentally before he's stepped on the pitch!!!!

Didsbury Dave said:
jimbopm said:

Are you serious?

See players making runs
Weight passes

Yaya can be quite graceful at times. There was one turn with two Chelsea players bearing down on him the other day that almost defied belief that he could come out with the ball.

He can certainly see players making runs and weight passes. He isn't as creative as Dave or as deft but he can take the ball from his own half deep into the opposing box and he finishes much better than Dave.

Yaya is also a better defender when he chooses to be. He did some very fine work against Barca.

Yaya is, IMO, the most complete footballer we have had at City since The King.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
jimbopm said:

Are you serious?

See players making runs
Weight passes

When I read that post these were the things that came in to my head also

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxpZHqK3KVg[/youtube]

I must be watching a different player

OB1 said:
Yaya has strengths that Spanish Dave doesn't. It's a close call.

He does, OB, as I hinted above. Yaya can bully people. He can get goals. He can barge holes in defences.

But I contend that Silva would be a much bigger loss to us than Ya Ya. Silva influences more games, more times that Ya Ya.

I appreciate we are comparing apples with oranges.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:44 pm --<br /><br />
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Can't believe the amount of people saying Yaya. Great player at times, but not as "gifted" as Silva. If I had to place our players in order of "who would I most not want to lose" it would be

1) Silva
2) Kompany
3) Aguero
4) Ya Ya

Kompany only rivals yaya for importance and team psychology, meaning we survive without silva, take the other 2 out and we are powder puff..... WhEn on song I've never seen a player in my time as a blue control a game like yaya can, he beats 80% of the league mentally before he's stepped on the pitch!!!!

I honestly understand, and I don't want this to seem like I'm being negative about Ya Ya. He's a huge miss when he's not around.

But if he were to go I think we could go and spend £30-40m and replace him, without going backwards. You could even argue we did, with Fernandinho.

I'm not sure we could with Silva. I think he's priceless now. I think he's the best playmaker in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.