David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merlin's turn away from the Newcastle player - forget which one - in the lead-up to our opener yesterday was absolutely fantastic.

He simply left the defender for dead by just moving slightly towards our goal and then heading back the other way.

And what a ball to Aleks just after.

Simply sublime!

With Nasri out Pellegrini will need to play Silva wisley over the coming weeks. Get the job done then get him off.

i thought yesterday was the most ive ever seen him give the ball away but hey what a player love the guy

One good ball all game granted it was quality, then proceeded to give the ball away over 10 times and more still Garcia`s fault though

MCFC OK

Silva was playing some sublime football over the Autumn but the last two or three games he's been a bit below par. No concern, like all players he has these little spells and, like yesterday, it only takes one moment of his brilliance to win a game. He's still our key player for me, and we must keep him fit.

Didsbury Dave said:
Silva was playing some sublime football over the Autumn but the last two or three games he's been a bit below par. No concern, like all players he has these little spells and, like yesterday, it only takes one moment of his brilliance to win a game. He's still our key player for me, and we must keep him fit.

Don't forget he's just come back from injury. Sometimes it can take a few games to get pace and vision back.

Didsbury Dave said:

Silva's form does tend to fluctuate but even on a "bad" day he is superior to most players. Also, he is always trying to create and therefore making riskier passes than a Garcia. Yesterday he had more touches on the ball than any other City player and had the second best pass completion of our starters (Yaya and Milner had higher percentages). He also clocked up 4 more key passes, which is in line with his average for the season; an average that sees him create one more chance per game than any other player in the league, which is a big difference.

Didsbury Dave said:

Sometimes I think Silva just sees the game on a different level. Without Aguero, for example, making the runs Silva is looking for his forwards to make, he often has to check back and start again. If we had another player on the same wavelength we would see the very best of one of the World's most skillful attacking midfield players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.