David Silva...

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueSiam said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Silva was playing some sublime football over the Autumn but the last two or three games he's been a bit below par. No concern, like all players he has these little spells and, like yesterday, it only takes one moment of his brilliance to win a game. He's still our key player for me, and we must keep him fit.

Sometimes I think Silva just sees the game on a different level. Without Aguero, for example, making the runs Silva is looking for his forwards to make, he often has to check back and start again. If we had another player on the same wavelength we would see the very best of one of the World's most skillful attacking midfield players.

Maybe a cheeky bid for Cleverly

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Silva was playing some sublime football over the Autumn but the last two or three games he's been a bit below par. No concern, like all players he has these little spells and, like yesterday, it only takes one moment of his brilliance to win a game. He's still our key player for me, and we must keep him fit.

Don't forget he's just come back from injury. Sometimes it can take a few games to get pace and vision back.
I feel many lose sight of this when judging player performances. Another thing to consider is, certain players are marked men. Sometimes the opposition puts their best defenders on our best players, and this can influence how we see a given players performance.

He's looked a bit tired recently to me. Yesterday I thought he started the game well enough and was pretty lively for the first half an hour or so but he was hardly involved in the second half.

With Nasri out there's even more onus on Silva to step up and be the creative player we know he is. Hopefully he'll get a rest for the Blackburn game and be ready for Saturday, we need him fully fit and playing at his best.

For what it's worth I'd be looking to sign another player in the Silva/Nasri mould - Isco would have been perfect but rather than dwell on that I'm sure there's someone else available at a cheaper price. Just to take the pressure away from Silva and Nasri at times.

And Silva was pretty clearly man marked as much as possible yesterday. Tiote was nipping at him constantly.

As much of a **** as Pardew seems to be, he really did a good job of setting his team up versus our weaknesses yesterday. They identified how we struggle versus the press, so they did that, and it was effective. Silva was constantly on the ball with two players rushing toward him and no outlets to pass to. A lot of double turns and deflected passes were the result. They also played a ton of long ball, and we really struggled to cope. It disrupted our shape and caused us to scramble, making it harder for us to build out from the back. We were often just giving it back to them, which did a player like Silva no favors.

When getting pressed that hard, players have a natural tendency to try to work the ball to their teammates who are best with it. Silva, Nasri, Toure were pretty consistently played balls yesterday already under pressure, but it's their job to turn the team over. Early on, we were able to find some very penetrating passes through the press and into the second level. As the match wore on, it seemed like the passes just were off or got deflected.

In the end, Silva wasn't at his best yesterday, although i think it was a bit of bad luck mixed with some bad decisions. But his teammates played a part, I felt too many players were shy to move into space and provide passing options.

BlueSiam said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Sometimes I think Silva just sees the game on a different level. Without Aguero, for example, making the runs Silva is looking for his forwards to make, he often has to check back and start again. If we had another player on the same wavelength we would see the very best of one of the World's most skillful attacking midfield players.

Your sooo spot on !!!!!!!!
Yesterday I taught he had the ball a couple of times at the edge of the box, looks up and sees edin and alf just standing. He seems to pick out players when they are on the move !

He's looked a bit tired recently to me. Yesterday I thought he started the game well enough and was pretty lively for the first half an hour or so but he was hardly involved in the second half.

With Nasri out there's even more onus on Silva to step up and be the creative player we know he is. Hopefully he'll get a rest for the Blackburn game and be ready for Saturday, we need him fully fit and playing at his best.

For what it's worth I'd be looking to sign another player in the Silva/Nasri mould - Isco would have been perfect but rather than dwell on that I'm sure there's someone else available at a cheaper price. Just to take the pressure away from Silva and Nasri at times.

teddykgb said:
And Silva was pretty clearly man marked as much as possible yesterday. Tiote was nipping at him constantly.

As much of a **** as Pardew seems to be, he really did a good job of setting his team up versus our weaknesses yesterday. They identified how we struggle versus the press, so they did that, and it was effective. Silva was constantly on the ball with two players rushing toward him and no outlets to pass to. A lot of double turns and deflected passes were the result. They also played a ton of long ball, and we really struggled to cope. It disrupted our shape and caused us to scramble, making it harder for us to build out from the back. We were often just giving it back to them, which did a player like Silva no favors.

When getting pressed that hard, players have a natural tendency to try to work the ball to their teammates who are best with it. Silva, Nasri, Toure were pretty consistently played balls yesterday already under pressure, but it's their job to turn the team over. Early on, we were able to find some very penetrating passes through the press and into the second level. As the match wore on, it seemed like the passes just were off or got deflected.

In the end, Silva wasn't at his best yesterday, although i think it was a bit of bad luck mixed with some bad decisions. But his teammates played a part, I felt too many players were shy to move into space and provide passing options.

An excellent analysis.

Did no-one pick up in the presser that he has a slight problem and will be out for Blackburn? Hopefully back for Saturday Pellegrini said but that does have us currently with as good as 0 creative attacking midfielders..

adrianr said:
Did no-one pick up in the presser that he has a slight problem and will be out for Blackburn? Hopefully back for Saturday Pellegrini said but that does have us currently with as good as 0 creative attacking midfielders..

Milner and Navas crossing for Dzeko/Negredo will be fine.

adrianr said:

Losing Silva now could derail our whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.