David Silva

The way we played in the second half without him again made a mockery of all of the premature shouts for him to be "shipped out".

He wasn't at his mesmerising best, but he still knits the team together, even when playing out of position at left wing. He was the only player out of the front 4 who was actually showing feet and was brave enough to want the ball in tight areas.

In the second half we had no one showing for the ball and our play was disjointed and limited to playing on the odd scrappy counter attack. We defended really well, but there was no fluidity to our play in the second half.

I know a lot of posters love the stats, I'm not sure what the stats were because I was at the game, but just an observation based on how we played, there was a marked decline in our play with the ball in the second half

Really hope his injury is just a tweak and nothing too serious. But if Silva's out, our best set up away from home in this tie might be a 433 similar to how we played in Seville. Getting Yaya back is absolutely key to us playing like that. Fernando holding, Yaya and Fernandinho pressing, two fast wide players playing on the break, we could have a great chance.

Decided I'm a fucking jinx.
Devastated for my friend, he doesn't deserve this shit luck that this season has brought.

We don't need him for the second leg anyway. Speed and discipline far more important.

Come back soon David. Was nice to see the Madrid players asking him with genuine concern what was wrong when he pulled up. Humane.

Decent reception from their fans too. Remember him getting a complete standing ovation in the Bernabeu when he went off last time.

I just hope he says a big NO to the Euros this summer.

Otherwise I fear his days are over with us, the guy needs a long summer break in the sun.

After he went off, Madrid had full control of the game.

It just shows you how important he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.