David Silva

Silva was a big loss last night but I am convinced that had Sterling came in for him last night and we stayed at 4-2-3-1 we wouldn't have lost control of the game.

The one thing that sticks in my mind was the overhit pass to Aguero and I said that he had been overhitting them a few times this season. His touch has been just sublime, but we lost a lot of the creativity when he went off last night, and I think that is the big difference this season. We do need a mix of Silva and Fernandinho in the side. Any suggestions?

That because the whole shape of the team changed.

KDB out wide did not work, poor management when a problem arose.

Yeah that's how I saw it too. Losing control of midfield was mainly about moving KDB wide and sticking Kelechi through the middle. Still it's one of those decisions that on another day seems inspired because the kid nicks a goal.

The one thing that sticks in my mind was the overhit pass to Aguero and I said that he had been overhitting them a few times this season. His touch has been just sublime, but we lost a lot of the creativity when he went off last night, and I think that is the big difference this season. We do need a mix of Silva and Fernandinho in the side. Any suggestions?

Said exactly the same at the time, he threads them passes in his sleep usually or used to.

Yeah that's how I saw it too. Losing control of midfield was mainly about moving KDB wide and sticking Kelechi through the middle. Still it's one of those decisions that on another day seems inspired because the kid nicks a goal.

2nd Half there RB had a free reign, KDB never picked him up and Kelchi was looking like a little boy lost.

I thought we were lucky to get a 0-0 with the 2nd half showing.

Pelegrini is just not active enough.

That because the whole shape of the team changed.

KDB out wide did not work, poor management when a problem arose.
Yes you are right about that. It was not down to the person Silva coming off, but to the fact that KDB is not effective playing on the wing and Ian completely up front.

If he's out which looks likely, I really think we need Yaya in the team. I know I'll be in the minority but there are only 3 players that effectively link our defence with attack, Silva, Nasri and Toure and with two of those unavailable we need the big fella otherwise the 2nd leg will look like the 2nd half yesterday

If he's out which looks likely, I really think we need Yaya in the team. I know I'll be in the minority but there are only 3 players that effectively link our defence with attack, Silva, Nasri and Toure and with two of those unavailable we need the big fella otherwise the 2nd leg will look like the 2nd half yesterday

I was thinking the same thing, but it's where you accommodate him without KDB getting isolated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.