David Silva

David will play Saturday.
Missed him and/or Samir tonight.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thank god, hope he's ok.

It's clear that if we only play one of Silva, Nasri or KDB, we tend to struggle.

If only Silva or KDB plays, there is too much for them to do. Navas offers nothing creatively, Delph even less, and even Sterling seems totally reliant on service, he can't get the ball, dictate play and make things happen.

Silva, De Bruyne and Nasri have such a good understanding between them. I don't think all 3 have been on the same pitch, but two out of three of them have to play when available.

Thank god, hope he's ok.

It's clear that if we only play one of Silva, Nasri or KDB, we tend to struggle.

If only Silva or KDB plays, there is too much for them to do. Navas offers nothing creatively, Delph even less, and even Sterling seems totally reliant on service, he can't get the ball, dictate play and make things happen.

Silva, De Bruyne and Nasri have such a good understanding between them. I don't think all 3 have been on the same pitch, but two out of three of them have to play when available.
Agree, 100%. De Bruyne played well for the first 20 minutes or so, but then drifted out of the game afterwards, as we had no-one capable of getting the ball to him. I think he perhaps got a bit of an eye-opener as to how much less fun it is playing not with Silva and/or Nasri but rather with just with the likes of Fernando, Delph and Navas (and a 'can't be fucked' Toure) for company.
After the PSG game, quite a few people were suggesting that Sterling should be brought in for Silva for the Madrid game. But I suspect that if we did go that way, De Bruyne and Aguero would be utterly redundant as we'd never see the ball all night.

I think he's going through a transitional phase, adapting his game to allow for his age and chronic ankle condition. It may be that he's lost something at the moment, but assuming his ankle condition can be managed, I reckon he can play at very top level for a few more years.
Agreed. He's been playing with an ankle injury since 2008 and six years of English football can't have done it much good. I think it's right to rest him for Real Madrid as he's still world class when he's fit.

Had another injection in his ankle on Tuesday, playing through the pain barrier.

Was with Guardiola's approved doctor apparently, hopefully suggests Silva is part of his plans for next season.

Was with Guardiola's approved doctor apparently, hopefully suggests Silva is part of his plans for next season.

That sounds encouraging,unless he needs assurance that this problem can be sorted,or it could be bye bye,fingers crossed for better news

We can't keep injecting his ankle to get him through games, he'll be lucky to even be able to walk by the end of his career. Surely a good surgeon and him having a summer off would do more good?

We can't keep injecting his ankle to get him through games, he'll be lucky to even be able to walk by the end of his career. Surely a good surgeon and him having a summer off would do more good?

Doubt he'll give the Euros a miss!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.