David Silva

Oh give over! If Fernando has become this integral part of the squad that some of you suggest then why have we not beaten a good side in the league all season? Why have the good sides beaten us and in some cases beaten us rather comfortably? Surely our midfield general should be having some impact on these games? You and others are watching him go about his business efficiently against absolute cannon fodder and equating that to him being a good player. He isn't a good player and he most certainly didn't rescue our season!
Toure is the answer to that. Fernando doesn't open up defences, but he allows players like De Bruyne and Silva to play, and he protects the back 4. This thread is counterposing Silva to De Bruyne. Fernando would allow you to play both.

Is the right answer.

It's no coincidence that Silva's worst season, ravaged through injury, has resulted in us scraping 4th place. With a full fit, on song Silva we tend to challenge for the league.

There's room for both players, Guardiola won't be using traditional standard team shapes, he'll change from game to game. Sometimes he'll change shape 2 or 3 times a game, so there is plenty of scope for both players to play in a variety of positions.

KDB has a big future at the club, but so does Silva. Those writing him off have got short memories and I assume are a little insecure.

Totally agree. Silva was the best player in the league until he got injured and never quite recaptured that form. He and KDB are very different players and I'm sure Pep can accommodate them both in a system. KDB is more about flashes of genius whereas Silva will dictate the way we play over a full 90 minutes.

Toure is the answer to that. Fernando doesn't open up defences, but he allows players like De Bruyne and Silva to play, and he protects the back 4. This thread is counterposing Silva to De Bruyne. Fernando would allow you to play both.

Fernando could play for the next thousand years and he would never achieve half as much as what Toure has for this club. Toure had a bad season and some have decided to blame him for all the midfield failings. He is only part of the problem.

I agree that Silva and KDB can play together, what I don't agree with is that Fernando is the one to facilitate this.

Hope not. Silva's better in that role.

No way, the 1st game against Madrid t\was testament to that.

Before Silva had to leave the pitch, KDB was outstanding and had Madrid on the back foot, as soon as he went on the left side, he and we disappeared.

next season KDB will play directly behind the striker, that is great strength.

No way, the 1st game against Madrid t\was testament to that.

Before Silva had to leave the pitch, KDB was outstanding and had Madrid on the back foot, as soon as he went on the left side, he and we disappeared.

next season KDB will play directly behind the striker, that is great strength.
Another argument to that would be we controlled the game whilst Silva was on the pitch and lost that control when he went off. You can draw your own conclusions.

During the Arsenal and Swansea games when KDB is in the middle of the pitch, he is a constant danger. creating and having scoring opertunities and is involved far more, out wide he is far less effective and tends to disappear from a game.

Legendary player.

Disgraceful the way his ankles have been targeted by opposition players.

Another argument to that would be we controlled the game whilst Silva was on the pitch and lost that control when he went off. You can draw your own conclusions.
We controlled the game because we had perfect balance

We'll have to agree to disagree on the physicality thing. The idea of change excites me though after what has been a very long season and in some cases a long cycle of underachievement for some of our players.

TBH, I think they will both need to work harder on the defensive side of the game under Pep and probably both be more disciplined. KDB will also have to up his pass completion stats, which I think is all about concentration rather than lack of technique but we shall see.

You made a good point earlier, Pep does not usually play with a number 10 so these guys are probably going to be fighting for an Iniesta type role or a wide position in the front three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.