David Silva

Legendary player.

Disgraceful the way his ankles have been targeted by opposition players.

sorry but thats no true, for a player of his type it's incredible that he does not get a lot more "hits" his ability to escape opposition players tackles is incredible and probably one of the reasons he has ankle trouble.

Not sure I've seen us have the 'perfect balance' in nearly two years tbh.

I am Pellegrini's hater, but against Madrid before Silva had to go off, we had very, very good balance, his mistake was moving KDB out wide, in my opinion

TBH, I think they will both need to work harder on the defensive side of the game under Pep and probably both be more disciplined. KDB will also have to up his pass completion stats, which I think is all about concentration rather than lack of technique but we shall see.

You made a good point earlier, Pep does not usually play with a number 10 so these guys are probably going to be fighting for an Iniesta type role or a wide position in the front three.

De Bruyne's concentration when making the simpler passes is definitely something which he can improve upon quite dramatically. The general play of our attackers when we don't have the ball (not just Silva and KDB) will be one of the first things that Pep will deal with. It's another thing which I fear will be difficult for Silva though, the amount of running, pressing, and closing that playing under Pep requires again will be putting added pressure on his already brittle ankles.

During the Arsenal and Swansea games when KDB is in the middle of the pitch, he is a constant danger. creating and having scoring opertunities and is involved far more, out wide he is far less effective and tends to disappear from a game.

To be fair De Bruyne can drift out of games even when he plays the same position for 90mins. He was probably overworked when he first joined us and probably not 100% fit after his injury. But he will need to be incredibly fit to play his sort of game in the middle on a regular basis.

De Bruyne's concentration when making the simpler passes is definitely something which he can improve upon quite dramatically. The general play of our attackers when we don't have the ball (not just Silva and KDB) will be one of the first things that Pep will deal with. It's another thing which I fear will be difficult for Silva though, the amount of running, pressing, and closing that playing under Pep requires again will be putting added pressure on his already brittle ankles.
Great point, his one major weakness, gives too many sloppy passes, that will be a big problem under Pep, loss of possession is not acceptable,

To be fair De Bruyne can drift out of games even when he plays the same position for 90mins. He was probably overworked when he first joined us and probably not 100% fit after his injury. But he will need to be incredibly fit to play his sort of game in the middle on a regular basis.
Every player's fitness at this club is going to have to improve considerably from before and it will

I could be way off the mark here but I don't see Pep using him in the attacking trio, I believe he'd be more suited to the Iniesta role in Pep's template. Problem there is I also think the same of DeBruyne and Nasri.

Every player's fitness at this club is going to have to improve considerably from before and it will

Yes but how quickly? Like many of the players De Bruyne will miss most of pre season because of the Euros/Copa America. Once the season starts we're quickly into World Cup international breaks. Getting the players fitter is going to take time.

I could be way off the mark here but I don't see Pep using him in the attacking trio, I believe he'd be more suited to the Iniesta role in Pep's template. Problem there is I also think the same of DeBruyne and Nasri.
If we can get good money for Nasri, I think he will go

In saying that, I would love to see what Pep can do with him, great footballer.

I think one of Silva or Nasri will definitely go this summer - if I had to guess which one I'd say Nasri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.