David Silva

Yes but how quickly? Like many of the players De Bruyne will miss most of pre season because of the Euros/Copa America. Once the season starts we're quickly into World Cup international breaks. Getting the players fitter is going to take time.
Agreed, that's going to make this 1st season so difficult for Pep, but there again it's the same for most of the big teams

But also, maybe a wonderful chance for the young players to shine under the new boss, and if they do, Pep will give them their chance.

De Bruyne's concentration when making the simpler passes is definitely something which he can improve upon quite dramatically. The general play of our attackers when we don't have the ball (not just Silva and KDB) will be one of the first things that Pep will deal with. It's another thing which I fear will be difficult for Silva though, the amount of running, pressing, and closing that playing under Pep requires again will be putting added pressure on his already brittle ankles.

Exactly, and the way the Premier League is and how it was won and lost means that in addition to all the technique required, City have to be quicker, stronger and hungrier. The squad has to be freshened up with new, younger players; that does not mean no place for older players but it will make it harder for them to keep up.

Exactly, and the way the Premier League is and how it was won and lost means that in addition to all the technique required, City have to be quicker, stronger and hungrier. The squad has to be freshened up with new, younger players; that does not mean no place for older players but it will make it harder for them to keep up.

Maybe it's just me but it's the freshening up of the squad and the new impetus being put into it which excites me. If that means that the likes of Silva, Toure, Nasri are phased out/moved on I'm genuinely not in the least bit arsed. The dressing room has needed clean broom for a while.

I think one of Silva or Nasri will definitely go this summer - if I had to guess which one I'd say Nasri.

Maybe; there's barely a player that I would insist in keeping and Nasri is not on that list but Nasri has the technique to meet Pep's standards. The difference in our passing when he came on at Swansea! Nasri would need to show Pep that he can and will put the graft in and not expect to play every game; if he does that, he would be a great option to include in the cast of thousands that Pep likes for midfield.

It's going to be a very interesting pre season and a very exciting one, and after 2 years of watching paint dry....I can't wait.

Maybe it's just me but it's the freshening up of the squad and the new impetus being put into it which excites me. If that means that the likes of Silva, Toure, Nasri are phased out/moved on I'm genuinely not in the least bit arsed. The dressing room has needed clean broom for a while.

Likewise; the thing is, those buys are the one's that have the technique and I'd love to have seen them in a 4-3-3 as our equivalent of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquests / Toure but in the Prem, they would get overrun now (and maybe would have previously).

Likewise; the thing is, those buys are the one's that have the technique and I'd love to have seen them in a 4-3-3 as our equivalent of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquests / Toure but in the Prem, they would get overrun now (and maybe would have previously).

Yeah, I also think that Pep will not failed to have noticed the energy that sides like Liverpool and Spurs now have in midfield and the relentless way in which they play and press. It's just not in the make up of those three players to do that.

I agree with your post about Nasri from earlier but I think he's a goner anyway. The other thing we shouldn't forget is that these guys are on like 150/200k per week. You can't really afford to be carrying 'squad' players on money like that and the books will also have to be balanced once our incomings are done this summer.

What is his fitness level supposed to be? Any chance Spain has him on the bench to start the Euros? It's been a while since he's looked himself.

Yeah, I also think that Pep will not failed to have noticed the energy that sides like Liverpool and Spurs now have in midfield and the relentless way in which they play and press. It's just not in the make up of those three players to do that.

I agree with your post about Nasri from earlier but I think he's a goner anyway. The other thing we shouldn't forget is that these guys are on like 150/200k per week. You can't really afford to be carrying 'squad' players on money like that and the books will also have to be balanced once our incomings are done this summer.

You always have to balance the books.

Silva etc might actually be able to do some of the stuff Pep requires if they are playing in a balanced team, & getting plenty of rest inbetween.

Being asked to track back 60 yards after 20 year old wingers with Kolarov & Yaya Toure as the nearest help, is unlikely to be a situation Silva will ever face again.

He may have to do lots of small 10 yard covering runs instead, as one of a large group, all doing the same, & which he may actually have no problem whatsoever doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.