David Villa..

citizens_1976 said:
If we buy Villa, Osvaldo, Gomez, Negredo or Cardozo I would be really worried about our chances next season. Those types of signings would show a lack of ambition, especially when we've let a world class striker go. Tevez and Balotelli piss all over those lot.

I'd sooner have Benteke. At the right age, can hold up the ball and is a regular goalscorer for a 21 year old.

i-see-stupid-people.jpg

Rammy Blue said:
GHoddle said:
IeMo_2007 said:
Manchester City are preparing to put the skids under Tottenham Hotspur's bid for Barcelona striker David Villa.

The Londoners have been eyeing the 31-year-old for months and it is understood that technical director in charge of player recruitment Franco Baldini will now make a formal move for the player.

But Villa is making life difficult and on top of an £8 million transfer fee, the north London outfit will need to find around £100,000 a week to tempt a player who is currently on £160,000 at the Nou Camp.

Spurs are simply not in that sort of market place as they bid to keep Gareth Bale which would of course make him the club's biggest earner by a considerable distance.

To even consider around £100,000 a week for Villa is not a serious option for chairman Daniel Levy who is one of the most financially astute and toughest negotiators in the game given the new Financial Fair Play rules which come in next season.

City, however, would have no problems offering a deal of around the £100,000 plus transfer fee following the departure of Tevez who was on £200,000.

A source at the Etihad said: "He would be the ideal back up striker to our front two and comes with the advantage of leaving wriggle room within the FFP regulations.

"There's definite interest here so long as Villa's desire to stay at the Nou Camp doesn't see him demanding a weekly wage of the £160,000 he currently earning."

The link :
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/27186-mcfc-transfer-news-city-to-make-villa-bid.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier ... la-bid.php</a>

The article is nonsense imo, I know for a fact that Daniel Levy wants Villa and has been working on the transfer for months. We've agreed terms with Barcelona just down to Villa whether he wants to come or not, which I'm guessing will be decided after the Confeds final.

What a bizarre post. You say the article is nonsense yet pretty much agree with it bar us making a move on him, which obviously you'd have no clue about.

What part is nonsense?

The part about Baldini making a formal move for him, but that he's out of our league price wise and is not a "serious option" for Daniel Levy.

Only one of those things can be true, and in fact neither are - we already made a formal move for him a long time ago and Daniel Levy thinks Villa is a very serious option.

I didn't say anything about whether City may be interested just that the assertions the article makes regarding our position are totally wrong.

GHoddle said:
Rammy Blue said:
GHoddle said:
The article is nonsense imo, I know for a fact that Daniel Levy wants Villa and has been working on the transfer for months. We've agreed terms with Barcelona just down to Villa whether he wants to come or not, which I'm guessing will be decided after the Confeds final.

What a bizarre post. You say the article is nonsense yet pretty much agree with it bar us making a move on him, which obviously you'd have no clue about.

What part is nonsense?

The part about Baldini making a formal move for him, but that he's out of our league price wise and is not a "serious option" for Daniel Levy.

Only one of those things can be true, and in fact neither are - we already made a formal move for him a long time ago and Daniel Levy thinks Villa is a very serious option.

I didn't say anything about whether City may be interested just that the assertions the article makes regarding our position are totally wrong.

Only one of those things can be true, and in fact neither are

PFA-meme2.png

Villa is the definitely the best top-tier striker for the money. Scores them in for fun and still plays regularly for Spain. We need an experienced goalscorer and the facts that he can play on the left side of attack and is available for around 10m because he's in the last year of his contract is only more evidence that he'd be a much wiser signing than Lewandowski for 25m, Suarez for 40m or Cavani for 53m.

Squad I want to see:

GK: Hart, Pantilimon, Wright

RB: Zabaleta, Richards, Maicon
CB: Kompany, Nastasic, Sakho, (Richards), Boyata
LB: Clichy, (Sakho), Rekik

CM: Yaya, Fernandinho, Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Razak
Attacking Mid/Wings: Silva, Di Maria, Navas, Nasri, (Milner)
ST: Aguero, Dzeko, Villa, Guidetti

INs: Navas, Fernandinho, Villa Di Maria and Sakho
OUTs: Tevez, Kolo, Kolarov, Sinclair, Lescott and Garcia

Quality and depth in every position. With that squad you could play in any formation effectively 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-2-2....with Pellegrini I can see us rotating a lot and switching systems regularly unlike under Mancini.

Ticks my boxes this signing. He'd do a job at a relatively low fee and we'd have some needed change for other signings or FFP.

I have always liked David villa so would be quite happy to see him at city. Suarez would be my first choice however due to villa's age and injuries.

aguerooo93 said:
Villa is the definitely the best top-tier striker for the money. Scores them in for fun and still plays regularly for Spain. We need an experienced goalscorer and the facts that he can play on the left side of attack and is available for around 10m because he's in the last year of his contract is only more evidence that he'd be a much wiser signing than Lewandowski for 25m, Suarez for 40m or Cavani for 53m.

Squad I want to see:

GK: Hart, Pantilimon, Wright

RB: Zabaleta, Richards, Maicon
CB: Kompany, Nastasic, Sakho, (Richards), Boyata
LB: Clichy, (Sakho), Rekik

CM: Yaya, Fernandinho, Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Razak
Attacking Mid/Wings: Silva, Di Maria, Navas, Nasri, (Milner)
ST: Aguero, Dzeko, Villa, Guidetti

INs: Navas, Fernandinho, Villa Di Maria and Sakho
OUTs: Tevez, Kolo, Kolarov, Sinclair, Lescott and Garcia

Quality and depth in every position. With that squad you could play in any formation effectively 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-2-2....with Pellegrini I can see us rotating a lot and switching systems regularly unlike under Mancini.

100% agree with this post. A good CB plus Di Maria and Villa and we're good to take back the title and challenge in the CL.

Will be a Spuds player by the end of the week.

Sill think he's a player with a lot to offer and will be a lot more consistent than Adebayor - amassing a decent looking squad thus far

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.