De Bruyne?

g180aj said:
Proelia said:
Ric said:
He looked great tonight, as he has all season, so can see why we're supposedly interested in him. Don't think it would be an easy transfer though. Wolfsburg don't need to sell from a financial point of view, and he looks happy. He's probably conscious of his limited opportunities at Chelsea, and would want guarantees if he moved here. Would he be above Silva and Nasri in the pecking order?
Above nasri definitely

I think if we work on a principal of 22 players equaling 2 starting 11;
--------------------Kun--------------------
Reus---------silva-----------de Bryne

---------Bony-----Lacazette-----------
lopes----------------------------Nasri--
It gives up good options and different formations.

Don't think we can get the both of them.

Mourinho played him on the wing because he had Oscar or Mata in his position at that time which you couldn't have argued one bit.

They clearly have a knack for scouting the promising youth of Europe and snapping them up.

Damanino said:
The scouting of Chelsea was frightening in terms of Curtois/De Bruyne. Both cost them peanuts in todays prices. We spent more on Sinclair/Rodwell and then struggled even more to get rid of them.

Add Lukaku to that.

bitsmith said:
Damanino said:
The scouting of Chelsea was frightening in terms of Curtois/De Bruyne. Both cost them peanuts in todays prices. We spent more on Sinclair/Rodwell and then struggled even more to get rid of them.

Add Lukaku to that.
When you buy every talented youngster about then you are going to get a few gems. It's a good business model, but something has to done against it. First and foremost, because it ruins youngsters (who should have been better advised, but some parents are greedy ie Bostock). For every Courtois or De Bruyne there is another half a dozen youngsters Chelsea have ruined.

I don't like excessive loan model but I am not sure how it ruins players. Ruining would be if they would be bought and never played while being at Chelsea. They loan them to lesser clubs where they have chance to play and prove themselves. Some do, some not, it's life.

bitsmith said:
I don't like excessive loan model but I am not sure how it ruins players. Ruining would be if they would be bought and never played while being at Chelsea. They loan them to lesser clubs where they have chance to play and prove themselves. Some do, some not, it's life.
These are still very young men. A lot of them are just kids. They are bought by Chelsea and then sent all over Europe, from one season to the next. It's not the best way to develop youngsters. Lukaku for instance would have been far better staying at Anderlecht. Consistency, familiar surroundings, regular games, etc are all great for a player to develop.

Wenger is the master at bringing through talent. Compare say Ramsey and Wilshere's loan periods to Kakuta's and Piazon's. Some will make it, but it's not the best way to get the best out of kids, but Chelsea don't care because the odds are in their favour.

SuperBlu said:
Is he better than Lucas Moura ?

Different players.

One is an out and out winger and the other in De Bruyne is a bit like Silva in that sort of false 10 position; an attacking midfielder who positions himself on the wing and floats around centrally when he can.

De Bruyne is a better player currently in my opinion,

supercrystal7 said:
bitsmith said:
These are still very young men. A lot of them are just kids. They are bought by Chelsea and then sent all over Europe, from one season to the next. It's not the best way to develop youngsters. Lukaku for instance would have been far better staying at Anderlecht. Consistency, familiar surroundings, regular games, etc are all great for a player to develop.

Wenger is the master at bringing through talent. Compare say Ramsey and Wilshere's loan periods to Kakuta's and Piazon's. Some will make it, but it's not the best way to get the best out of kids, but Chelsea don't care because the odds are in their favour.

Wenger loans players mainly to Brittish teams, just as Ferguson did, and that's right thing to do - they'll learn much more about playing in Premier League later while being on loan in Wigan, then in Cordoba. But he has his Frimpongs and Miyachis too. Wenger is good in giving his young players a chance in first team, otherwise, all managers have their good and bad scoutings, Chelsea just have it more as they sign load.

I don't blame Lukakus for taking their chance. YOu're one injury away of having your career ruined, you don't want to miss a chance to sign some nice contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.