De Bruyne?

bitsmith said:
supercrystal7 said:
bitsmith said:
I don't like excessive loan model but I am not sure how it ruins players. Ruining would be if they would be bought and never played while being at Chelsea. They loan them to lesser clubs where they have chance to play and prove themselves. Some do, some not, it's life.
These are still very young men. A lot of them are just kids. They are bought by Chelsea and then sent all over Europe, from one season to the next. It's not the best way to develop youngsters. Lukaku for instance would have been far better staying at Anderlecht. Consistency, familiar surroundings, regular games, etc are all great for a player to develop.

Wenger is the master at bringing through talent. Compare say Ramsey and Wilshere's loan periods to Kakuta's and Piazon's. Some will make it, but it's not the best way to get the best out of kids, but Chelsea don't care because the odds are in their favour.

Wenger loans players mainly to Brittish teams, just as Ferguson did, and that's right thing to do - they'll learn much more about playing in Premier League later while being on loan in Wigan, then in Cordoba. But he has his Frimpongs and Miyachis too. Wenger is good in giving his young players a chance in first team, otherwise, all managers have their good and bad scoutings, Chelsea just have it more as they sign load.

I don't blame Lukakus for taking their chance. YOu're one injury away of having your career ruined, you don't want to miss a chance to sign some nice contract.
Exactly. Wenger loans players to British teams that play the style of football he wants to see them continue playing. He also gives them moves to areas that often they have a connection with. Nobody is going to be perfect and have a 100% success rate.

Now compare that to Kakuta who has been in England, Spain and Holland already. Piazon has been to Spain, Germany and Holland. Forget the football just think how tough it is for a young man to keep adjusting to different countries different languages. Not to mention that managers are going to be less keen on developing loan players than their own.

You are also only one bad move from ruining what could have been a brilliant career. Bostock and Zaha (though I blame Ferguson's lies) are examples of this. Lukaku would have developed more in my opinion staying in Belgium with friends and family whilst leading Anderlecht to glory. He could have played in several CL campaigns against the likes of Barca, Madrid, City, Chelsea etc in the big games.

As you said Wenger is also prepared to give youngsters a chance. Chelsea and Mourinho in particular don't trust their kids and have never really played them except for Ancelotti to some extent.

supercrystal7 said:
bitsmith said:
supercrystal7 said:
These are still very young men. A lot of them are just kids. They are bought by Chelsea and then sent all over Europe, from one season to the next. It's not the best way to develop youngsters. Lukaku for instance would have been far better staying at Anderlecht. Consistency, familiar surroundings, regular games, etc are all great for a player to develop.

Wenger is the master at bringing through talent. Compare say Ramsey and Wilshere's loan periods to Kakuta's and Piazon's. Some will make it, but it's not the best way to get the best out of kids, but Chelsea don't care because the odds are in their favour.

Wenger loans players mainly to Brittish teams, just as Ferguson did, and that's right thing to do - they'll learn much more about playing in Premier League later while being on loan in Wigan, then in Cordoba. But he has his Frimpongs and Miyachis too. Wenger is good in giving his young players a chance in first team, otherwise, all managers have their good and bad scoutings, Chelsea just have it more as they sign load.

I don't blame Lukakus for taking their chance. YOu're one injury away of having your career ruined, you don't want to miss a chance to sign some nice contract.
Exactly. Wenger loans players to British teams that play the style of football he wants to see them continue playing. He also gives them moves to areas that often they have a connection with. Nobody is going to be perfect and have a 100% success rate.

Now compare that to Kakuta who has been in England, Spain and Holland already. Piazon has been to Spain, Germany and Holland. Forget the football just think how tough it is for a young man to keep adjusting to different countries different languages. Not to mention that managers are going to be less keen on developing loan players than their own.

You are also only one bad move from ruining what could have been a brilliant career. Bostock and Zaha (though I blame Ferguson's lies) are examples of this. Lukaku would have developed more in my opinion staying in Belgium with friends and family whilst leading Anderlecht to glory. He could have played in several CL campaigns against the likes of Barca, Madrid, City, Chelsea etc in the big games.

As you said Wenger is also prepared to give youngsters a chance. Chelsea and Mourinho in particular don't trust their kids and have never really played them except for Ancelotti to some extent.

Don't think we are in the posistion to slag off other clubs bringing through of talent Namely because the last person to fully make it through our academy was Sturridge?(that could play for our first team right now). Though I'm hoping that changes soon with the likes of lopes and rekik.
Also I think Chelsea do what they do so they can sell those players at a profit rather than getting them ready for their first team, with a few exceptions like Courtois.

01cravend said:
supercrystal7 said:
bitsmith said:

Don't think we are in the posistion to slag off other clubs bringing through of talent Namely because the last person to fully make it through our academy was Sturridge?(that could play for our first team right now). Though I'm hoping that changes soon with the likes of lopes and rekik.
Also I think Chelsea do what they do so they can sell those players at a profit rather than getting them ready for their first team, with a few exceptions like Courtois.

if we take into account wages (or part of wages if sent on loan) and agent fee (however small) won't the profit levels come down rather a lot?

i♥city! said:
g180aj said:
Proelia said:
Above nasri definitely

I think if we work on a principal of 22 players equaling 2 starting 11;
--------------------Kun--------------------
Reus---------silva-----------de Bryne

---------Bony-----Lacazette-----------
lopes----------------------------Nasri--
It gives up good options and different formations.

Don't think we can get the both of them.

Why not?

bluechampion7891 said:
01cravend said:
supercrystal7 said:

if we take into account wages (or part of wages if sent on loan) and agent fee (however small) won't the profit levels come down rather a lot?

They are making profits only on big sales like Lukaku or De Bryne.

Wolfsburg just splashed out £24m on Schurrle, they obviously aren't cash-strapped so this would be a hard one to negotiate...

Don't see him leaving for anything less that €40m, he is turning into one hell of a player!

Watched him last night. Looks a very classy player. Scored, and wrongfully had two assists chalked against him. He reminds me of Nasri with his close control, but is more prepared to run at people.

We should be focusing on someone like this as said before. He's pure class, young, and we need reliable wingers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.