De Bruyne?

You have to look at in in a wider context. He's been saying 'I'd understand it if he wanted to move to to a big club, but not City' - it's just another way of suggesting we're small, and making it look like KdB's the one making poor decisions. It's all about him 'fighting' to keep KdB, but at the same time, painting the picture that he can't understand why KdB would be making such a foolish decision to join little City. It's just posturing / hot air.
It's probably most of what our fans would say if a player wanted to move to PSG. We'd say 'could understand it if they wanted Bayern / Real / Barca - but PSG???'.
Like Milner going to Liverpool? Why would anyone sane be so insane?

You're right about Winterkorn, but as you say VWs share in Bayern is 10% through one of their subsidiaries. As they fully own Vfl Wolfburg, why would they be trying anything like this?
I don't think it would make sense for Wolfsburg to reserve KDB for FC Bayern. I am not really a fan of conspiracy theories, I was just trying to list the facts.
However the idea of KDB to FC Bayern rather than to Manchester City has been voiced in different forms on different parts of the media, and I think even Wolfsburg's coach Hecking said something like he would better understand if KDB wanted to leave for a club like FC Bayern. So there is certainly some very unhealthy abjectness towards FC Bayern in various places. Alone the fact that Kicker branded Manchester City's price offer as immoral is - I think - telling. There would be plenty of content for a thread about media bias in Germany.

I just so hope we will sign him so we say a big fuck you to FC Bayern. Can's stand these arrogant bastards.

Like Milner going to Liverpool? Why would anyone sane be so insane?
Well yes, and it also plants the little seed of 'must be for the money'.

The only difference (maybe) with Milner was that his contract was up, and he'd been putting forward a reasonably logical footballing argument that he wanted to play in CM.
With KdB, the obvious argument is that's it's PL, we're a better team, and we should be in CL virtually every year (and hopefully doing better!). But Aloffs won't mention that, he'll just try to suggest it's a silly move, and KdB's a fool for leaving. It's all just about making Wolfsburg look like they made an effort, and painting KdB as the guy wanting out.

I don't think it would make sense for Wolfsburg to reserve KDB for FC Bayern. I am not really a fan of conspiracy theories, I was just trying to list the facts.
However the idea of KDB to FC Bayern rather than to Manchester City has been voiced in different forms on different parts of the media, and I think even Wolfsburg's coach Hecking said something like he would better understand if KDB wanted to leave for a club like FC Bayern. So there is certainly some very unhealthy abjectness towards FC Bayern in various places. Alone the fact that Kicker branded Manchester City's price offer as immoral is - I think - telling. There would be plenty of content for a thread about media bias in Germany.

I just so hope we will sign him so we say a big fuck you to FC Bayern. Can's stand these arrogant bastards.
As everyone says they are the equivalent to the other fucking arrogant tossers ... Rags.

Wouldn't argue with you there. The fact that Kicker has branded our offer immoral when Wolfsburg say they haven't even received an offer shows the general attitude towards english clubs and not only media bias.

It's akin to pundits over here asking why Guardiola would come to City instead of Arsenal or United. It's both a 'dig' at City's stature, but it's also just lazy opinion because it's the easy thing to say, and assumes the top clubs will always be the same top clubs. Anybody who really looked at what City are doing could see why we have appeal. That's not saying the other clubs don't, just that we can hold our own unique that rivals anybody else.

Wouldn't argue with you there. The fact that Kicker has branded our offer immoral when Wolfsburg say they haven't even received an offer shows the general attitude towards english clubs and not only media bias.

If you look at the piece I quoted a page or two back, he was doing this in January re Bayern. That wasn't to push up any price.

Ah right, it was in January. It does appear from those quotes that Allofs had his heart set on de Bruyne to Bayern. I don't think we had made our interest known at that stage???

For all their posturing, when it comes down to cold hard cash I think they would rather sell to us.

It's a weird situation with Germany. The fans get cheap season tickets and the game is very fan friendly but each club is owned/run by major German companies and there will be underhand tactics at play. It's a bit like the Qatari involvement with Barca that clearly stretches beyond shirt sponsorship. There are bigger forces at play which is why it's been vital to get experienced people like Txiki and Ferran involed in the running of the club. They've been there and dunnit and they'll know exactly how to broker big deals.

Qatari involvement in Barca is not as strong as our owners in Madrid, add to that our buying influence around other federations via out owners and our other clubs, we are far from clear on this front and are going to be playing this game better than anyone. We even made sure our investment in Japan went to a team with influence with our future

Does anyone else think Allofs has got pissed off because De Bruyne has said he wants to come? All the way through he's said that if the player wants to leave they'll look at offers.

It's almost like he really thought KDB wouldn't be interested, and that's why he's now come out with the bullshit about "IF it we're a bigger club I'd understand" and "These clubs have turned his head" etc. Basically painting a storyline of us doing something wrong and being unworthy of De Bruyne - even suggesting he stays and waits for a big club.

The way he's gone from cool and calm about the prospect of KDB leaving, to brash, insulting and complete denial of any offer strikes me as a big change in demeanour to happen literally overnight.

Just a fan theory, but I reckon he got the offer that we made on Sunday according to the british press, took it to KDB and his agent as he has to, and instead of getting the reaction of "No, thanks I'll wait for Bayern", KDB & co said they'd like to take the offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.