De Bruyne?

Silly me of course - its Falco - he was at Tottingham
13-Mark+FALCO+-+Tottenham+Hotspur+1987+Panini.png
Impossible, he died in 1998. It's on the Internet.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/obituary-falco-1144136.html

hope we get it done... but from the outside our transfer strategy looks a drawn out shambles with us paying top dollar. i know these deals are complex but chelsea and the scum seem far more nimble than us in the transfer market.
Chelsea, that are playing with the exact same team as last year, or the rags who have 1 striker? Arsenal have managed to bring in just a goalkeeper. No from the outside it doesn't look a shambles it looks better and nearer completion than most.

They might have to match our wages then.

Why? He has a contract until 2019. But I am pretty sure the club will add onto it to keep him satisfied.

What kind of ambition is he showing by staying in the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg? The Premier League is the bigger league, City are bigger than Wolfsburg, we will offer him bigger wages, he will win more trophies with us.

What's funny about that?

At City he is one of many - at Wolfsburg the big fish in the pond. The mighty EPL does not run away. For his own development it should be better to stay.

Are the chances for trophies really bigger with City than with Wolfsburg? Wolfsburg won more trophies last season than City did...

I think you both need to look at this from City's perspective. It's undeniable that City are in deep negotiations with both Wolfsburg, and De Bruyne, regarding a transfer. Why would this be if Wolfsburg needed the player, didn't want to sell, and couldn't find an adequate replacement? Equally, why would this be the case if De Bruyne hadn't indicated, pretty strongly, that he desired a move to City?

It seems pretty clear that, for City to have been involved in this deal for the length of time they have been, that we have received the steer from both the players camp, and the Wolfsburg camp, that there is a desire to let this deal happen. Stating that Wolfsburg won't sell, or that they won't sell if De Bruyne doesn't hand in a transfer request, is simply ignoring what must have been discussed behind closed doors. Simply put, there's no way City would still be involved in this deal if we hadn't been told there was a very good chance of it happening.

Maybe you should listen to the officials of Wolfsburg and what they are saying, too...
The last I have heared is that Kevin will play this season in Wolfsburg and that they do not sell.

The contract means nothing other than the fact he will cost a lot if we want to buy him.
The club has goals, I wouldn't say they're big. Their realistic options are to fight for the Bundesliga and cups and hope Bayern don't buy any of their best players. Any player that does well at a club other than Bayern, in Germany normally ends up there anyway. De Bruyne is definitely a player Bayern would consider in a year or so, but I'm sure you'd think a move to Bayern was a no brainer for him.

City have a better chance of success domestically and in Europe. If we agree with Kevin about coming to City then we just need to meet Wolfsburg's demands. If they play hardball then Kevin will have to try and force through the move. He's not stupid, he'll know that the chances of winning the league are slim where he is. Whatever goals they might have, £50m would help them to achieve them still. They haven't got a very strong squad by any means.

£50m are nothing on a market that has no value in it...

I do not think that Wolfsburg is scared of Bayern selling them stars away - they are a lot more rational than Dortmund is. Some might look into the Bayern squad and where their players came from... There ain't a lot players from German clubs. And I do not think that Dortmund would be better off if Lewandowski would have gone to Real or the EPL...

Just ignore this guy. He's not itk.
I'm sure people are capable of coming to their own conclusion despite your input,which is equally irrelevant.
I'd have to agree, here.

Not that it's shambolic, but that we do seem unusually cumbersome in the transfer market. . .
Yes,we are run by clowns,i have no idea how we survive,relegation beckons for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised to see KDB at City but, for the first time since this started, I think the odds are he won't.

For once I think Talksport may have it right. He wants to come, and Wolfsburg are aware of that, but they have still said no knowing KDB won't kick up a fuss.

It would have to be silly money now and, in my opinion, this has the whiff of Bayern wanting him for nowt all over it.

I never thought I would say this, and I apologise in advance, I dislike Bayern more than United. There I've said it.
Wolfsburg are owned by Volkswagen and their Chairman sits on the Board of Bayern so I think that's quite likely to happen and the player probably knows that if he keeps performing he will play for Bayern.

I'm concerned that Big Yaya Wilko's not taking his optimism seriously.
I'm beginning to question if he's ever going to cheer up a bit - this worry is dragging on too long.

Cheer up Big Yaya!!! I've got KdB on my xmas wish list and Santa never lets me down.

Well, let's just remember Wolfsburg have not rejected our £47m bid yet. If that is making them think this long, what will a few more million on top do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.